• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Super1 Kalispell asked me not to come back OC'ing

Airwolf

imported post

What a first post. :X

Background. Been using the Super1 in Kalispell (next to ShopKo) for months now. Never had any issues, or problems whatsoever.

Tonight as I finished packing my groceries in the SUV an older gentleman, flanked by 2 others (a young guy and a young girl) asked to have a word with me.

Short version: My H&K USP 45 freaked out one or more sheeple and they went running to the store management.

I was asked to leave my sidearm (his words) in my vehicle when I came shopping again. The conversation was short, pleasant and professional. I failed to get the name of the gentleman but assume that he was the Assistant Manager/Manager On Duty. He told me flat out that it didn't bother him one bit personally that I carried, but that it upset some customers and that he needed to deal with.

He was worried that I'd be upset, being told, but I assured him that I didn't have any problem with how he did it.

We parted amicably.

Now I'm not pissed, or even mad an hour and a half after this went down. Just annoyed and irritated.

I sure hope that freaked out customer(s) is worth the 80 to 100 bucks I USED to spend each trip to their store.

sigh....

Anyone got a suggestion for a decent supermarket in the valley where customers don't scare so easily? :?

So much for "escaping" from California. Looks like it only took 4 years for the whining, mouth breathing idiots to find me again. :banghead:

Discovered this site while looking for info after HB228 passed. What I read here is what convinced me to start Open Carrying (had an AZ CCW permit but it expired a couple of years ago).

Beau

imported post

I hope you mentioned the fact that you would not be returning to shop there.

They can look like at it like this. They can have a customer whine that they saw someone carrying. Said customer will probably return to store. Or they can loose a persons business by telling them they can't carry.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

McX is right. It's sad in our day and age, everyone would rather 'grease the squeaky wheel' rather than ignore them or tell them they need to accept the very thing they're complaining about.

I've OC'd in almost every store in the Greater Kalispell Area and had only one problem a while ago that MT GUNNY and I dealt with in a very polite and professional manner. Maybe you should see what you can do about editing the letter I gave to the Manager of the store I was asked to leave and present it to the Manager(s) of Super 1 Foods. It's still very relevant in your situation!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to the forum Airwolf

Suggest that you have a nice, polite conversation with the senior manager of that store before you give up on them. Have all of your facts in order and do not be argumentative. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Good material to study can be found at Gun Facts version 5.0
and know your local laws. Good luck.

Yata hey

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Very true. Let me see if I can track down that letter I put together and you can take a look at it and see if it can be edited to fit your situation!!

MT GUNNY, if you remember the thread it's under here let me know! I'm gonna have to play "Where's Waldo" with the letter!

I found it. I'm putting a link to the letter on this thread too. Check it out and tell me if you think it can be edited to fit your current circumstances. Feel free to use it if you think it'll help!!

JBinMontana

imported post

This of course is not Super 1's policy, I should know as I used to work there. Under Montana law that I have discussed with Gary Marbutt of MSSA any business that is against open carry or conceal carry can post signage to that efffect like our local hospital and the Justice Center has in Kalispell.

000_0003-1.jpg

But they can not single you out and ask you not to return with your open carry or conceal carry unless they comply with signage such as the picture that I took at KRH in Kalispell. Notice on this sign, that there is not referance to the MCA laws here in Montana because there is no violation of the MCA laws governing the carrying of firearms into a business. I think our new handgun law here covers this nicely.

The most that can happen should you enter such building that has posted, is ask you to leave. If you do not leave then they can call the local authority and they will ask you to leave and if you do not, then cite you for only tresspass.

A business open to the general public must comply with Montana laws that are set forth not only to protect them, but you as a consumer that they are open for.

MT GUNNY

imported post

If you get ahold of me I can go with you when you deliver it to the managment!

We will OC when doing so.

To answer your other ? Albertsons will not bother you!

JBinMontana

imported post

MT GUNNY wrote:
If you get ahold of me I can go with you when you deliver it to the managment!

We will OC when doing so.

To answer your other ? Albertsons will not bother you!
Hey MT GUNNY let me know when and we will go together.

MT GUNNY

imported post

Rodger that ! He has not contacted me yet. If he don't Ill make a trip to that store and see what happens. If it don't go well Ill get ahold of you and we will deliver the Letter!