Thread: from nj visiting vermont next weekend

Post imported post

where should i conceal and where is it out to open carry without too much of a headache?

Post imported post

cpd09 wrote:
    where should i conceal and where is it out to open carry without too much of a headache?

heck i would conceal all the time, bet ur A$$ everyone you see is doing it there :-p i OC'ed in springfield didnt have any problems

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

cpd09 wrote:
    Vermont is a "Gold Star" open carry state.
    http://www.opencarry.org/vt.html

For information on Vt. carry laws - click on the appropriate state in the link below and read the pdf download:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

For personal glimpses, peruse the Vt. forum - suggest you ignore cutesy posts and concentrate on the more serious ones.

Enjoy your trip - let us hear back from you.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

heres a list of places i have not had many problems at all

burlington
    springfield
    montipilar
    st.albens
    newport
    adison
    berlin
    bethel
    brunswick
    charlston
    chelsey
    danvile
    essex
    grafton

no problems there. but thats all the places i've been lol lots of ppl OC in vermont. usualy if your driving through a town and you see more than 2 doing it, you shouldnt have an issue. only issues i've had were a very strange man in berlington tried to grab my pistol last weekend. and a officer in Goshen was transfered from NJ........and had no idea that vermont did not issue CC permits and though OC was a crime.

but technicaly you can OC everywhere in vermont :-) cept places protected by federal law or school sactions.

Post imported post

He was coming to visit me, we OCed a good amount with no problems at all. Still havent OCed in rutland yet, but the time will come im sure... Ill let ya know if I have a good exp. or not.

Post imported post

I am a Rutland resident.. (west rutland acutaly) my father and I have open carried for years with no issues. I have had some people ask me if i was a law enforcement officer, I am not. Other than that... no hassles. And I have carried in the Cumberland Farms store here in town and have not had the sameresults the other fella has had... luck of the "draw" I guess.

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    . only issues i've had were a very strange man in berlington tried to grab my pistol last weekend.
    Can you expound on that a bit? The locale... reason? Pehaps why they're not hospitalized?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    jay75009 wrote:
    . only issues i've had were a very strange man in berlington tried to grab my pistol last weekend.
    Can you expound on that a bit? The locale... reason? Pehaps why they're not hospitalized?
    You had to ask didn't you. :? :P

Have to wonder about the LEO that was "transferred" from NJ - but I'm not going to ask. Probably just another typo.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.