Thread: Chicago Tribune Editorial

Post imported post

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

David59 wrote: Yep, it appears that he committed suicide and then threw himself in the river. :shock:

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I love the quote "In Chicago, only criminals and aldermen are armed. Forgive me for being redundant".

Banned

Post imported post

LOL
    Since 1972, 27 of its members have been convicted on charges involving malfeasance, misfeasance, nonfeasance, disfeasance and anti-feasance with mopery aforethought.

Post imported post

Look at the P-I, The Times, the Chronicle, the Free Press and numerous others. The big-city dailies are all in trouble and some are dying before our eyes, yet they don't heed the message. People just aren't buying their load anymore.

Post imported post

David59 wrote:
    I love the quote "In Chicago, only criminals and aldermen are armed. Forgive me for being redundant".
    I grew up in the suburbs and remember when the Trib was the voice of reason and fairness--opposed to Daley and his machine. Maybe their coming back around. Chicago is a **** hole 3rd world city, and the Daley's can take the credit for making it such. Aldermen in Chicago are one step below North Korea's "leaders." Scum now and always have been. BTW, when I say the burbs I mean DuPage County. Things were a lot different there.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Mr Chapman had better watch his back after that article.

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Mr Chapman had better watch his back after that article.
    Yeah, he might end up shooting himself in the back of the head and then jumping into the river with cement boots.

Post imported post

David59 wrote:
    art work by Oleg Volk:

McX

Post imported post

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Illinois got no rights! Nya-nya, oops, wait a minute, Wisconsin's got no rights either.............nevermind.
    You're able to excercise more of your rights in WI than they are in Chicago. You CAN own and carry a handgun for SD. Chicagoans can't even keep a handgun in their homes, let alone carry them.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

In 1994, state Sen. Rickey Hendon, D-Chicago, had an unregistered handgun stolen from his home in a burglary, and he didn't feign contrition about his disregard of the ordinance.

"I have a right to protect myself," he declared, noting that he had been burglarized before -- and forgetting that the state legislature of which he is a member allows Illinois cities to deprive their citizens of that right. Asked if he would replace the lost piece, Hendon said, "No comment." The police were kind enough not to charge him.

WTFO!!! Talk about a travesty of justice. Chicago gun laws are some b******t!!! I will never move back there until they u*-***k them (hopefully the Supreme Court will take care of that)!!!

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!