• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Tribune Editorial

old dog

imported post

Look at the P-I, The Times, the Chronicle, the Free Press and numerous others. The big-city dailies are all in trouble and some are dying before our eyes, yet they don't heed the message. People just aren't buying their load anymore.

Gunslinger

imported post

David59 wrote:
I love the quote "In Chicago, only criminals and aldermen are armed. Forgive me for being redundant".
I grew up in the suburbs and remember when the Trib was the voice of reason and fairness--opposed to Daley and his machine. Maybe their coming back around. Chicago is a shit hole 3rd world city, and the Daley's can take the credit for making it such. Aldermen in Chicago are one step below North Korea's "leaders." Scum now and always have been. BTW, when I say the burbs I mean DuPage County. Things were a lot different there.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
Illinois got no rights! Nya-nya, oops, wait a minute, Wisconsin's got no rights either.............nevermind.
You're able to excercise more of your rights in WI than they are in Chicago. You CAN own and carry a handgun for SD. Chicagoans can't even keep a handgun in their homes, let alone carry them.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

In 1994, state Sen. Rickey Hendon, D-Chicago, had an unregistered handgun stolen from his home in a burglary, and he didn't feign contrition about his disregard of the ordinance.

"I have a right to protect myself," he declared, noting that he had been burglarized before -- and forgetting that the state legislature of which he is a member allows Illinois cities to deprive their citizens of that right. Asked if he would replace the lost piece, Hendon said, "No comment." The police were kind enough not to charge him.

WTFO!!! Talk about a travesty of justice. Chicago gun laws are some b******t!!! I will never move back there until they u*-***k them (hopefully the Supreme Court will take care of that)!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X