• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

dunhams in Lapeer

malignity

imported post

Don't buy from Dunhams.

The 'lowest prices, guaranteed!' they guarantee is $27.99 a box of Magtech .40S&W during the ammo crisis.

They don't know firearm laws, don't care about firearm laws, and would rather just lose business than change their policies. This has been made apparent numerous times from multiple interactions from multiple MOC members.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Bronson wrote:
MC Sports on Drake Rd. in Kalamazoo has a similar sign and they've told me it also only applies to firearms being brought in to sell or fit holsters or that will otherwise be handled.

If it's in a holster, leave it in the holster.

Bronson

wouldnt "fitting holsters" require it to be brandished?

or would the registering thing take care of that.

curious as to how it works..

Bronson

imported post

As I understand it you would bring it in a case and check it in and tell them your intentions of looking for a holster. I don't know the procedure from there but I'm sure they'd bring an employee over to help you.

Bronson

patriot1776

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I was at the Dick's Sporting Goods in Brighton shortly after it open several years ago. The only guns they had were a FEW shotguns, and a FEW hunting rifles. I asked the guy behind the gun counter if they had any 7.62x39 ammo. He said "we don't sell those kind of rifles or ammo". When I asked why he responded "people in this area complained about us carrying guns. Some peoplehad even COVERED THEIR KIDS EYES WITH THEIR HANDS when they walked past the guns".

WOW!
I live about a mile from there and sometimes pickup 12 gauge ammo in bulk. I have yet to find anyone working the counter with half a brain. They give me the exact same additude about the "scary guns". I wonder if they realize how much business they are losing to Guns Galore haha, I go there all the time because they have everything I could want and are fair in pricing (most of the time).