• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone been denied for a CPL in Oakland county?

T Vance

imported post

As long as you learned from yourPAST, that is all that matters NOW. Some of us here have probably made our share of mistakes at one time or another too.

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EDA50 wrote:
Well, "Shall Issue" means just that. I got my CPL permit today.
im in the same boat as you in terms of approval...its been 5 weeks for me as of today...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

EDA50 wrote:
As I stated in my prior post, I applied for a CPL last month. I qualify in every way but I have had 2 D.U.I's over 8 years ago. My first was in '96 and my second I was sentenced in October of 2001. The woman at the clerks office made note that it was over over 8 years so I was eligible. My hesitation is that 2 years ago I went to the city of Troy to get a purchase Permit and they denied me based on my criminal history of 2 dui's and 2 drunk and disorderly charges. I do understand the cities stance. On paper I sound like I shouldn't have a weapon! I quit drinking 8 years ago in my mid 20's and I know I could probably win an appeal, but I just don't feel like going through all of those hoops. Has anyone heard of any denials in Oakland county that had similar circumstances?

Many local PDs deny a permit. They have denied permits because a family member has contacted them saying they don't want that person to have a gun. So they really don't need a good reason to deny you a PP.

THE GOOD NEWS. You can circumvent this problem. We know of people that have been denied locally and have just applied for a CPL. When approved you don't need a PP anymore you can use your CPL to buy a handgun. Problem solved.