• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to say to someone who is scared of guns?

canadian

imported post

I ask them if they are scared of cars. The rest of the conversation is practically pre-recorded.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
I was with a girl for a while that was a hardcore liberal and Democrat, and had actually been SHOT by a 9mm ,centermass,AFTER a robber had already taken her money. She wasecstatic when she found out I carried.She couldn't have been happier or more supportive of it.

My current girlfriend is the victim of multiple armed robberies, and is also very supportive of the fact that I never leave the house without being armed, and very often, will carry inside the apartment.

The point is, it's not the experiences that make aperson an anti. It's a combination of an emotion-based miseducation, and/or, a willing ignorance of the truth. The only question is, are you willing to spend the time teaching her this stuff when she may just be willfully ignorant of it? Lots of girls in the world, man.
What doy ou do? Hang outside the trauma centerto look forgirlfriends?:p

simmonsjoe

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:
I was with a girl for a while that was a hardcore liberal and Democrat, and had actually been SHOT by a 9mm ,centermass,AFTER a robber had already taken her money. She wasecstatic when she found out I carried.She couldn't have been happier or more supportive of it.

My current girlfriend is the victim of multiple armed robberies, and is also very supportive of the fact that I never leave the house without being armed, and very often, will carry inside the apartment.

The point is, it's not the experiences that make aperson an anti. It's a combination of an emotion-based miseducation, and/or, a willing ignorance of the truth. The only question is, are you willing to spend the time teaching her this stuff when she may just be willfully ignorant of it? Lots of girls in the world, man.
What doy ou do? Hang outside the trauma centerto look forgirlfriends?:p
Yea I've heard of ambulance chasers, but c'mon!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Odd thing about people who think gun control is the answer to them not having to be afraid of guns....

When a criminal attacks them they are happy to run and hide behind the person (soldier, cop, ordinary citizen/neighbor) who has a gun.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Wayne LaPierre

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:

Thats all it usually takes for the liberal apologists!They getrobbed or injured by the class of people they have been making excuses for........
Then theyrealize they have been acting foolishly for all those years.
Some have a problem with it because they felt like they were lied to by other liberal fools, others knew deep down all along that there is serious evil in the world and to be careful arunf those animals..

M

McX

imported post

a good response would be to show them the clip from american dad, where he tries to coax his firearm to go out and kill independantly. they get a laugh, and the truth, all in one.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cm2624 wrote:
Get rid of her. She is not worth the hassle. Move on.
Not always the case.

20+ years ago my best girl asked, "Why do you have THAT?"

She has for most of these years since carried virtually 24/7 - even at work.
She's very, very special - I am the lucky one.

It can be worth the effort and is its own reward.

YMMV.

Yata hey

Alexcabbie

imported post

On a couple occasions I have had people get in my face and tell me I was "scaring (them) with that thing" or words to that effect. I tell them they must not be very much scared or else they wouldn't be trying to tick me off so hard. :celebrate

steveman01

imported post

whithout guns we would still be slaves to the king, and all our major cities would be overrun with crime just like london. just explain to her its not the gun she should fear but the person with it.

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

Here's a piece of advice I have not seen yet on this thread; here is what I would do in this situation:

Drive with her in the passenger seat on the way to some destination and make sure the rout goes through a really bad part of town. On the way, pretend to get lost, pretend to have car trouble, or happen to be about to run out of gas. Do this and stop at a really, really bad intersection at a shop or gas station. Make sure it's in the most ghetto place possible.

Try to work the gun thing back into the conversation and see if she still has a problem with you carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Here's a piece of advice I have not seen yet on this thread; here is what I would do in this situation:

Drive with her in the passenger seat on the way to some destination and make sure the rout goes through a really bad part of town. On the way, pretend to get lost, pretend to have car trouble, or happen to be about to run out of gas. Do this and stop at a really, really bad intersection at a shop or gas station. Make sure it's in the most ghetto place possible.

Try to work the gun thing back into the conversation and see if she still has a problem with you carrying.
Appreciate the irony of your suggestion; nevertheless, going voluntarily to the worst possible place to prove(?) a point seems not a little bit bad advice OMHO.

You see your honor, I had to use deadly force to protect us from the bg who was were I expected him to be.

Most here would avoid known problems where ever and whenever possible.

Yata hey

Carnivore

imported post

Check with Dear Abby. or get past this girl, Personally I'd move on, or start complaining about the style shoes she wears..If this sweetie blew a breath of hot air into your britches, and you don't think there are about another million gals that can do the same thing, you're the one who is dillusioned. move on!!

bigdaddy1

imported post

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

simmonsjoe

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:

Here's your sign.