• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

idaho Center

carracer

imported post

Does anyone know if the Idaho Center in Nampa is Private or public owned? I went to the Christmas Bazar thing yesterday. They have a no weapons sign but no one enforcing except for purses, bags etc. I was not carrying at the time.

NightOwl

imported post

I believe it's owned by the city. A quote from their site:

"This policy is being implemented by the City of Nampa, doing business as the Idaho Center, in an effort to comply with the preliminary injunction ordered by the United States District Court for the District of Idaho, in the case of Citizens to Repeal Idaho's Right to Work Law, Inc. v. Nampa Urban Renewal Agency, case no. CIV 04-174-S-BLW (the "Order"). "

Furthermore, browsing the financial statement of the city shows revenue generated from the Idaho Center. Here's a quote from that:

"The Idaho Center special revenue fund recognizes revenue from ticket sales net of the costs of the event. Themoney received for ticket sales is collected by the Idaho Center on behalf of the event promoter and performer.The revenue earned by the Idaho Center is based on the contract entered into between the Idaho Center and eventpromoter. Ticket sales collected before the event is held are recorded as a liability since the ticket purchasers areentitled to receive a refund if the event is cancelled. Gross ticket sales collected and event costs paid by the IdahoCenter during the year ended September 30, 2007 were $7,410,975 and $4,824,314, respectively. Ticket salescollected and held at September 30, 2007 for an event occurring subsequent to year end were $230,996."

As you can see, it does seem that the city of nampa is the owner/operator. However, if you're going to OC there, I'd make a quick call to the place itself and determine who owns it for certain. Their number: General Information
For general information, please call (208) 468-1000

Hope that helped. Good luck, have fun.

DBSweetwood

imported post

If it is owned by the city, even in part, they cannot stop you from carrying open or concealed. If it is not owned by the city, then just conceal the weapon, and there is nothing they can do.