• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spring Open Carry Event

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I propose an OC camping/fishing event this spring in a state park to exercise our right and raise awareness. See attachment.

Mossy_35

imported post

Stogie,

welcome to OCDO. I'm glad to see new people joining the cause.

At what park do you propose to hold the event at? We have been speaking about holding events even prior to the DEP's recognition of the existing OC laws, but to my knowledge, nothing has taken place.

Tucky

rebel-patriot

imported post

Hi Tucky and Stogie C!

Nope nothing planned at this point guys. After getting the DEP issue resolved, the timing wasnt there on my end. I have now been drafted to six work days a week till after the end of the year.

If you guys want to pick up the ball on this and organize, go for it! :celebrate:celebrate

I will help where I can. After the first of the year, I will have my work week back to normal and will be able to give more time. It is all I can do right now to get a few hours a week in on the redesign of the website and stuff but it is coming along.

I am also looking for people to hold events and use those as fundraisers for FLOC to help cover the costs to get the message out to more people.

Hope to hear from both of you soon.
Gulf Coast Gunman

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think if we can get enough interest here, we can then select a park and a firm date.

It needs to be something where we can get proper media attention from a news organization that will not skew the story in to a report on a bunch of gun nuts in the park. We want to provide a positive public image of open carry in the sunshine state.

mbpe912

imported post

i'm in it is such a nice beach, throw in a fishing line and go for it. I have OC while fishing in this general area without issue.