• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dial 911 and DIE

45acpForMe

imported post

zack991 wrote:
Shoot and kill the intruder/s then call 911 to clean up the bloody mess. I consider 911 to be a clean up service and not a defensive service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgVtpWmMOc
I have watched most of her videos which confirm that Canada is just as,or more screwed up than the US. I did like her videos though. :)

I had posted my 911 story before and while my friend was holding the front door closed several "youths" were pounding on it trying to get to him. I was an innocent bystander. We called 911 about 5 times before they dispatched an officer who arrived over an hour after the gang left the front porch, trashing anything they could get their hands on.

When seconds count, you can't count on anyone else coming to your rescue, including the police.

Deanimator

imported post

Memorize:

1. Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
2. Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
3. Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

When life and limb are in immediate danger, protect yourself or don't get protected at all.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Memorize:

When life and limb are in immediate danger, protect yourself or don't get protected at all.
If this is true...then when do the cops always say, sir, you really should have let us handle this, taking the law into your hands in against the law. OK, You doughnut eating moron, if I would have called you (911 ) waited the 10 minutes for you to show up, not armed my self ...I would have been dead.

Yes, what you said on top is VERY true, they are here to protect society as a whole, not you & I. AND THEY are here to interview the witnesses & do paper work after the crime has been committed. So, ladies & Gents, they are for the most part as useful as boobs on a 5 dollar prostitute.

And they are good for, knocking in your door at 3 am when your kids are sleeping, shooting your dog , tazing you, cuffing your entire family, including the new born, after ruffing ya up a little more telling you your all free to go, we had the wrong address. yer tax dollars hard at work.

Deanimator

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Memorize:

If this is true...then when do the cops always say, sir, you really should have let us handle this, taking the law into your hands in against the law. OK, You doughnut eating moron, if I would have called you (911 ) waited the 10 minutes for you to show up, not armed my self ...I would have been dead.

Yes, what you said on top is VERY true, they are here to protect society as a whole, not you & I. AND THEY are here to interview the witnesses & do paper work after the crime has been committed. So, ladies & Gents, they are for the most part as useful as boobs on a 5 dollar prostitute.

And they are good for, knocking in your door at 3 am when your kids are sleeping, shooting your dog , tazing you, cuffing your entire family, including the new born, after ruffing ya up a little more telling you your all free to go, we had the wrong address. yer tax dollars hard at work.
Regardless of any good intentions the police might or might not have, it's physically IMPOSSIBLE for them to protect individuals. That being the case, the law has determined that they don't have any DUTY to, and lacking that duty, they lack liability.

Good cop or bad, unless you're attacked in a police station, there's going to be NO cop when you really need him. And that assumes that 911 works PERFECTLY. A few years ago, I had a conversation with a 911 operator that could have come right out of "Family Guy".