• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protest at Fisher Plaza Oct 2009 KOMO studio's

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

This protest took place last October 3 and October 10, 2009. Me and a couple of friends stood outside KOMO studio'sat Fisher Plaza across from the Space Needle on two Saturday afternoons for one hour. The first Saturday we got alot of positive feedback from people. They thanked us for being out there and letting the public know the truth about guns and what the media dosen't tell them. The second Saturday there were less people out because of the weather, so we got less feed back. At these protests we carried concealled because we didn't want our message to be distracted and we wanted to win over the public. Hearts and Minds. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I satby and watched the media take away my gun rights in California with their one sided reporting. I hope to have more of these protests in the future if the media keeps lying. I can't seem to get the pictures up. The message of the protest was that there are 2 million self defense uses of guns a year and KOMO dosen't report them. Thank you!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to protest the media from time to time.

Washington CPL Info

Seattle Times[/i] reports; " According to the state Department of Licensing, there are 238,994 concealed-weapons permits in the state, 48,838 in King County.” http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/reply.php?topic_id=34372#_edn1

Census Data reports; 4,644,912 population of adults 21 and over 2006 (men; 2,289,896 women; 2,355,016)[ii]

Provides that in the State of Washington 1 in 20 adults have a CPL. Assuming that men carry 2 to 1 over women,[iii] then 1 in 15 men have a CPL.

King County population estimate; 1,875,519 (2008)[iv] And under 18 is 21.6% leaving us with 1,470,406 adults.[v] Therefore in King County 1 in 30 adults over the age of 18 have a CPL.

Washington has about 2.1% of its population in the 18-20 age bracket. Therefore we can subtract and leave us with 1,439,527 adults age 21 and over in King County. Or 3.4% with a CPL, equivalent to 1 in 29 adults aged 21 and over possessing a CPL in King County

Assuming men carry 2 to 1 over women then roughly 1 in 20 men carry in King County.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/reply.php?topic_id=34372#_ednref1http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010154649_webgunban28m.html
[ii] http://www.ofm.wa.gov/databook/population/pt04.asp
[iii] Can’t determine CPL issue based on sex
[iv] http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53033.html
[v] Does not provide info of those 21 and over

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Thats alot of good info. The main thing with any protest against the media is that it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt. At this protest we used signs that said the media wasn't reporting the positive gun stories. In the future it might be nice to have a flier to hand out to help persuede people to our point of view. The media uses fear of damage done by guns, where we need to show the lives saved by guns. That why I think its important to get info from Harbor View about all the robbery and mugging, rape,and domestic violence cases that happen, and show all the case's of victims like these being saved by guns. Dave Workmans book was very good about this, but a little confusing to follow. I hope he finishes his new book on Assualt Weapons because I fear that once this health care issue is put to rest, the anti-gun reports are going to start up. I have seen how the power of fear was used in California and I don't want to see it happen up here. You know Deros72 said "that state law preempts the gun ban", good interview by the way.But what if the majority of the people in this state want the state law changed. If their mind set is fearful of guns then we are screwed. This happened in California. Some people want to be taken care of and don't want to defend themselves, or don't come around to our way of thinking until they are a victim. What do you think?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Proving something didn't happen is tough. We have great estimates of crimes being averted, but they are just estimates. Showing the media that they have 100 employees and 5 of them carry a gun can be a powerful realization for them. Stand in any room, school room, starbucks, etc.... if there are 20 people in the room, 1 of them has a gun and.........................wait for it.............................NOTHING HAPPENED.