• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW question

Kitkin

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Here let me try...It is not a WEAPON! it is a fire arm, or pistol.

If you are correctly carrying a Pistol (not weapon) then you cannot be charged the MCL charge of CCW. If you conceal carry a pistol (not weapon) without a CPL then you can be charged with the MCL of CCW. If you are conceal carrying a knife (not a weapon) then you can be charged with CCW.

The object only becomes a weapon when it is carried in a manner described by law.
Good try but
Not by the MI law
(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air.

conservative85

imported post

Kitkin wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

If you are correctly carrying a Pistol (not weapon) then you cannot be charged the MCL charge of CCW. If you conceal carry a pistol (not weapon) without a CPL then you can be charged with the MCL of CCW. If you are conceal carrying a knife (not a weapon) then you can be charged with CCW.

The object only becomes a weapon when it is carried in a manner described by law.
Good try but
Not by the MI law
(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air.
You keep sheep'in the law and not the Constitution!, or a Dictionary for that matter.

Look I put it to you this way You obviously are new here, We (O.C'ers/Gun right advocates) don't refer to our fire arms as weapons, I could kill you with a pencil, in a court that would be a weapon, but until I use it in that manner it is a pencil. Until I use my fire arm in a violent manner, or violate the M.C.L. it is not a weapon.

If your gonna stick around we ask that you put the city you are from in the location.

Next Welcome to the site.

Kitkin

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
SNIP
Its restricted because it only a license for a specific type of weapon.
Every state has a ccw license no mater what they are called by each state or what the restrictions are they are all CCW license.
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]Concealed Pistol License (CCW Permit) & Renewal[/size][/font]
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1586_27094-10953--,00.html
C arry
C oncealed
W eapon

It just makes sense

I understand what you are getting at, however, the OP mentioned he had a CCW Permit. It is not called nor does it indicate it's a CCW Permit. It is a Concealed Pistol License. Nowhere on the license does it mention/indicate CCW Permit. This is all that's being said-nothing more, nothing less.

Also, not all states require a license/permit to CC. Alaska and Vermont do not require a license/permit to CC or OC.

And, not all states that issue licenses/permits are concealed pistol specific. IIRC, Indiana and Pa's licenses are LTCH (License To Carry a Handgun)-it does not indicate concealed.
If its called a CCW PERMIT by state firearms law why would the op be wrong for using it?
Didn't say those states require license/permit just said they have them.

conservative85

imported post

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.
Sec. 227.
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a

Where is it called a CCW permit?

750.227 is concealed weapons. period! Without a license to carry a pistol, you are considered carrying a concealed weapon.

As I said in the previous post It is a pistol until you violate the CCW law, or use the pistol in a violent, or malicious manner.

Kitkin

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Good try but
Not by the MI law
You keep sheep'in the law and not the Constitution!, or a Dictionary for that matter.

Look I put it to you this way You obviously are new here, We (O.C'ers/Gun right advocates) don't refer to our fire arms as weapons, I could kill you with a pencil, in a court that would be a weapon, but until I use it in that manner it is a pencil. Until I use my fire arm in a violent manner, or violate the M.C.L. it is not a weapon.

If your gonna stick around we ask that you put the city you are from in the location.

I only jumped in here because the OP was given some wrong information. I haven't posted anything that was untrue or wrong. The quotes I have made are from the Mi. firearms laws. Sorry if some don't like it.
nah not going to stick around

conservative85

imported post

Notice he won't answer my question in my last post. He looked, then jumped with out thinking about what he read.

I posted the very same law he posted earlier.

Tro..!

conservative85

imported post

Yeah I haven't heard from our new friend the bald-enhancer or sompthin or anoder!...kittenkin has been fairly silent since his last post too!

Kitkin

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.
Sec. 227.
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a

Where is it called a CCW permit?

750.227 is concealed weapons. period! Without a license to carry a pistol, you are considered carrying a concealed weapon.

As I said in the previous post It is a pistol until you violate the CCW law, or use the pistol in a violent, or malicious manner.
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]Here ya go
Concealed Pistol License (CCW Permit) & Renewal
[/size][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][font="Arial, Helvetica"]"The Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) is responsible for certifying firearm instructors and instructional programs for the purpose of providing pistol safety training to CCW applicants as required in the new statute[/font][/size][/font]"

FIRSARMS LAWS OF MICHIGAN
Number of times used
CCW = 55 times
CPL = 0 times
Concealed Pistol License = 43 times

"750.227 is concealed weapons. period! Without a license to carry a pistol, you are considered carrying a concealed weapon. "
You are not considered carrying a concealed weapon, you are carrying a concealed weapon even if you have a CPL and even if the weapon is a pistol

"As I said in the previous post It is a pistol until you violate the CCW law, or use the pistol in a violent, or malicious manner."
That is wrong and only your opinion, the Michigan. Firearms Law states different. Look it up for yourself .
(b) "Firearm" means a
weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air.

Those are facts even if you don't like them. If you have facts to refute them please post them for everyone to see.

Kitkin

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Good try but
Not by the MI law

It really doesn't mater what you call your firearms, name them sal, joan, bessie or what ever. By MICHIGAN LAW A FIREARM IS A WEAPON and all the bad mouthing ranting and complaining won't change that..
You obviously don't know when I started reading these boards or how long I've been around here, assumptions are as good as opinions without proof.

autosurgeon

imported post

Kitkin the fact of the matter is you are splitting hairs. It is a CPL as that is what the statute calls it and that is what it says on the licence itself. If you want to be a part of this little community you will stop trying to cram your idea that it is a CCW licence down everyones throat as it is not. If the legislature would have intended it to be a CCW licence they would have called it that in the law and on the licence.

conservative85

imported post

I simply re-posted the law you posted. There is no mention of a weapon, or the word CCW. Of course I am right because I asked you to answer the question and you did not. Your a Rhetoric Whore. In your last post CCW is in parenthesis perhaps this is to merely show that it was called a CCW for those who used to be familiar CCw permit. Not to mention your posting a link that is FAQ, not statue. This MCOLES is so certified to train blah blah blah. it means nothing in court they are not Legislatures.

I never said I new the law better than you, I merely pointed out as every one else that it is not a CCW, it is a CPL.

You are the one being crass, You asked for the treatment your getting, you said your self your not sticking around and it is just as well.

Besides I don't remember any rules of codes & conducts when it comes to how we have to treat the likes of you and your kind during post. God it's like being on a play ground, you can dish it out but when it comes to taking it your just simply a Troll

bye bye

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
SNIP
Its restricted because it only a license for a specific type of weapon.
Every state has a ccw license no mater what they are called by each state or what the restrictions are they are all CCW license.
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]Concealed Pistol License (CCW Permit) & Renewal[/size][/font]
C arry
C oncealed
W eapon

It just makes sense

I understand what you are getting at, however, the OP mentioned he had a CCW Permit. It is not called nor does it indicate it's a CCW Permit. It is a Concealed Pistol License. Nowhere on the license does it mention/indicate CCW Permit. This is all that's being said-nothing more, nothing less.

Also, not all states require a license/permit to CC. Alaska and Vermont do not require a license/permit to CC or OC.

And, not all states that issue licenses/permits are concealed pistol specific. IIRC, Indiana and Pa's licenses are LTCH (License To Carry a Handgun)-it does not indicate concealed.
Alaska does have permits but only for reciprocity purpoes afaik...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

RabbiVJ wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SNIP

Alaska does have permits but only for reciprocity purpoes afaik...
That is correct.