• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW question

conservative85

imported post

T Vance wrote:
You tomato, I say tomotto.

This topis is going no where.
This place called no where, could you give me directions so I can go no where...:celebrate

Ain't I a stinker!

Kitkin

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I simply re-posted the law you posted. There is no mention of a weapon, or the word CCW. Of course I am right because I asked you to answer the question and you did not. Your a Rhetoric Whore. In your last post CCW is in parenthesis perhaps this is to merely show that it was called a CCW for those who used to be familiar CCw permit. Not to mention your posting a link that is FAQ, not statue. This MCOLES is so certified to train blah blah blah. it means nothing in court they are not Legislatures.

I never said I new the law better than you, I merely pointed out as every one else that it is not a CCW, it is a CPL.

You are the one being crass, You asked for the treatment your getting, you said your self your not sticking around and it is just as well.

Besides I don't remember any rules of codes & conducts when it comes to how we have to treat the likes of you and your kind during post. God it's like being on a play ground, you can dish it out but when it comes to taking it your just simply a Troll

bye bye
Typical response If you can't produce facts to support your view start calling names.
So far I'm
A Rhetoric Whore
being crass
a Troll

Yea you don't remember
[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks [/font]

Kitkin

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
You say CCW, I say CPL; let's call the whole thing off.

Just because I refer to myself as corn-fed doesn't mean I'm not fat!
EXACTLY
By some here driving a car would be a Drivers License

just don't tell me I'M WRONG FOR CALLING IT CCW
If I'm Carrying a Concealed Weapon
don't tell me
Its a Concealed Pistol License.
I am at least Smart enough to know the difference in a weapon and a license.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Kitkin wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

EXACTLY

don't tell me
For someone who isn't sticking around, you sure are posting alot! ;)

The name of the license was changed in 2001 to Concealed Pistol License, please see the following for more information:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-421a.
http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425f
http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425o

Yes, some MI Laws do still refer to "Concealed Weapon", but are under the context of a Concealed Pistol License. The main one being discussed is the following:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-227

This is the one that states Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW) is a Felony without a Concealed Pistol License (CPL).

Some MI Laws also require a Crossman/Marksman 1010 BB Pistol to be registered as a PISTOL since it is classified as a FIREARM as it fires projectiles other that .177 caliber BB's (these fire BB's, Pellets, and Darts/Bolts but are a smoothbore type). Not that this makes sense, but it is how things are currently written!

Clear as MUDD.

Kitkin

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

EXACTLY

don't tell me

The name of the license was changed in 2001 to Concealed Pistol License, please see the following for more information:

Yes, some MI Laws do still refer to "Concealed Weapon", but are under the context of a Concealed Pistol License. The main one being discussed is the following:

This is the one that states Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW) is a Felony without a Concealed Pistol License (CPL).

Some MI Laws also require a Crossman/Marksman 1010 BB Pistol to be registered as a PISTOL since it is classified as a FIREARM as it fires projectiles other that .177 caliber BB's (these fire BB's, Pellets, and Darts/Bolts but are a smoothbore type). Not that this makes sense, but it is how things are currently written!

Clear as MUDD.
Exactly my point CCW is correct verbage and is not a felony if done in accordance of the restrictions. You stated only one of the restrictions which is you must have a CPL another is your Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) is a pistol.
Decided to stick around to see if some here can learn that Michigan's restricted CCW licenses is called a CPL. Says so on almost every page of the Michigan Firearms Laws
Popular Name = CCW

Kitkin

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
Shhh be vary vary quiet, we hunt'in varmint

It is not a Weapon!:cuss:
20_Elmer_Fudd2.jpg
What you can't read?
AGAIN
(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Holy thickheadedness batman. It's technically been changed from CCW in MCL to Concealed Pistol License. Several posts show that. Oh-friggin-well. You want to say CCW? Go right ahead. Mine says Concealed Pistol License, so that's what I'll call it. Who cares, it comes to the same.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Kitkin wrote:
What you can't read?
AGAIN
(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air.
What he's getting at is intent. If he draws it with the intent to use it as a weapon, it's a weapon. Until then it's an expensive fashion accessory with an attitude.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Kitkin wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

EXACTLY

don't tell me

Clear as MUDD.
Exactly my point CCW is correct verbage and is not a felony if done in accordance of the restrictions. You stated only one of the restrictions which is you must have a CPL another is your Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) is a pistol.
Decided to stick around to see if some here can learn that Michigan's restricted CCW licenses is called a CPL. Says so on almost every page of the Michigan Firearms Laws
Popular Name = CCW
Cool - glad to see you still here! We are here to learn from each other, someone would be ill-served to think otherwise.

So, do you agree that the license is now called a Concealed Pistol License (CPL)? Furthermore, do you agree that you carry a Concealed Pistol if you have said license?

BTW - the popular name on most of mcl-28-42x is listed as CCW, Right To Carry, Shall Issue, blah-blah-blah. It is not part of the actual law/legal text. I believe people are sensitive to the term "CCW" since this used to be what the actual license was called and has since changed to "CPL". The verbiage usage within these MCL's is not consistent and does lend itself to confusion!

Kitkin

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Holy thickheadedness batman. It's technically been changed from CCW in MCL to Concealed Pistol License. Several posts show that. Oh-friggin-well. You want to say CCW? Go right ahead. Mine says Concealed Pistol License, so that's what I'll call it. Who cares, it comes to the same.
CCW is something you do
CPL is a license

Legal CCW in MI. requires a CPL,CCDW, ETC. or what ever the CCW license is called in a reciprocating state one holds a license.

Thank you for allowing me to call it what it is.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Kitkin wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
CCW is something you do-yep
CPL is a license-that was dougs point here, thanks for admitting that

Legal CCW in MI. requires a CPL,CCDW, ETC. or what ever the CCW license is called in a reciprocating state one holds a license.

Thank you for allowing me to call it what it is.
I support ALL the rights, not just one. ;)

Kitkin

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

EXACTLY

don't tell me

Clear as MUDD.
Popular Name = CCW
Cool - glad to see you still here! We are here to learn from each other, someone would be ill-served to think otherwise.

So, do you agree that the license is now called a Concealed Pistol License (CPL)? Furthermore, do you agree that you carry a Concealed Pistol if you have said license?

BTW - the popular name on most of mcl-28-42x is listed as CCW, Right To Carry, Shall Issue, blah-blah-blah. It is not part of the actual law/legal text. I believe people are sensitive to the term "CCW" since this used to be what the actual license was called and has since changed to "CPL". The verbiage usage within these MCL's is not consistent and does lend itself to confusion!
We can only learn if we have factual information . The OP of this thread was told CCW
was CPL and CCW was a 5 year fellony. CCW can be illegal but it can also be done leagally. A CPL is one of the restrictions to make CCW legal
CCW license is gerenic for all carry licence no mater what state you dwell and is completely approate to use.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Kitkin wrote:
...By some here driving a car would be a Drivers License...
...(b) "Firearm" means a weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by an explosive, or by gas or air...

No, it is an "Operator License", take it out and look. :DUnless you have chauffeur privileges, then it is a Chauffeur's License.

[line]

So, is a drinking straw a weapon? I could stick a poison dart in it and propell it with air?

Nevermind me, I'm just being a jerk. So if I'm heading nowhere and I miss it by five miles, I could end up in Hell?

Kitkin

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Kitkin wrote:
What you can't read?
AGAIN
What he's getting at is intent. If he draws it with the intent to use it as a weapon, it's a weapon. Until then it's an expensive fashion accessory with an attitude.
No matter what hes getting at or intent. MI. law says its a weapon, expensive fashion accessory or not in MI its a weapon.
Do you say its not a weapon per MI LAW?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
[line]

So, is a drinking straw a weapon? I could stick a poison dart in it and propell it with air?

Nevermind me, I'm just being a jerk. So if I'm heading nowhere and I miss it by five miles, I could end up in Hell?
Yes, if you actually use it that way. Until then, it's just a straw.:celebrate