• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County Open Carry March

wally1120

imported post

I am thinking about setting up a March sometime when it gets warmer outside. I would like to do it sometime in the March or April next year, Always open to other times suggessted as well. Could also have a Picnic before going out to do the March. Work the Jackson County and, City police department. I think this shold go into the Event Threads as well, I would apperciate it SpringerXDACP. If someone else has any other ideas then just let em out.

Michigander

imported post

EDIT: Here are the details for easier viewing purposes near the top of the first page.

T Vance wrote:
If need be I'll take over this meet up.

December 12th, at 11:00 am. Let's meet up right downtown on the corner of Michigan Ave, and Jackson street. The is a little park there behind a fountain.

Here's the map.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Jackson&state=MI&address=W+Michigan+Ave+%26+N+Jackson+St&zipcode=49201&country=US&latitude=42.24745&longitude=-84.4088&geocode=INTERSECTION

wally1120

imported post

Alright sounds good, I am kinda crazy as well, I will be down to do it when ever, Anybody else down to do it anytime soon? I would think about pulling my 870 out but, I dont have a HOLSTER for it. I may just end up slinging it tho.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I am thinking about setting up a March sometime when it gets warmer outside. I would like to do it sometime in the March or April next year, Always open to other times suggessted as well. Could also have a Picnic before going out to do the March. Work the Jackson County and, City police department. I think this shold go into the Event Threads as well, I would apperciate it SpringerXDACP. If someone else has any other ideas then just let em out.

Wally, you can have the March whenever you like, but I agree, it should be held during the warmer months as you mentioned-May or June would be better IMO.

Remember, in April, the SAM's are being held in Lansing and DC and your turnout in an April March may be small.

I would suggest, for now, you concentrate on your IDPA Match and workout the details for the March at a later date-it's up to you. A good turnout for a March is going to require a great deal of logistics-something that will require a number of folks here to participate.

ETA: Wally, this is one of the threads for the Hastings March last year.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=14025&forum_id=30&highlight=Hastings

Michigander

imported post

I don't see a reason why we can't have 2 or even 3 marches. If 5 of us march through Jackson in the dead of winter, then 25 when it warms up, that sounds better to me than just the one.

wally1120

imported post

I have got so many great suggesstions, And thought about all of them and I do aree with all of them. I am thinking about taking on just the IDPA event right now, It would be a little hard trying to keep track of 2 events at the same time. I will however still have the March when ever people give me a date that would work for them. If we could get a smaller group for some time in the winter that would still be great. I would even do a march with just 1 other person as well. I will also be sure to have my camcorder with me when we do decide to do the march, Because when I had my encounter with the cops they said that none of the cruisers that responded didnt have any dash cameras. If you are intrested in doing a March sometime i the colder months then put a date on here somewhere, I will try and get some others gathered up for the same date. I am going to try for the March after the IDPA event.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I have got so many great suggesstions, And thought about all of them and I do aree with all of them. I am thinking about taking on just the IDPA event right now, It would be a little hard trying to keep track of 2 events at the same time. I will however still have the March when ever people give me a date that would work for them. If we could get a smaller group for some time in the winter that would still be great. I would even do a march with just 1 other person as well. I will also be sure to have my camcorder with me when we do decide to do the march, Because when I had my encounter with the cops they said that none of the cruisers that responded didnt have any dash cameras. If you are intrested in doing a March sometime i the colder months then put a date on here somewhere, I will try and get some others gathered up for the same date. I am going to try for the March after the IDPA event.
If you post it Wally, they will come...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I have got so many great suggestions, And thought about all of them and I do agree with all of them. I am thinking about taking on just the IDPA event right now, It would be a little hard trying to keep track of 2 events at the same time. I will however still have the March when ever people give me a date that would work for them. If we could get a smaller group for some time in the winter that would still be great. I would even do a march with just 1 other person as well. I will also be sure to have my camcorder with me when we do decide to do the march, Because when I had my encounter with the cops they said that none of the cruisers that responded didn't have any dash cameras. If you are interested in doing a March sometime i the colder months then put a date on here somewhere, I will try and get some others gathered up for the same date. I am going to try for the March after the IDPA event.
Wally, do what ya want, there are members here who will helpregardless of what you decide to do.

Michigander

imported post

A date in mid to late december would be nice. I can car pool some people from the detroit area in my little 4 banger.

2 people would indeed be fine with me, but even just 4 or 5 would be fantastic. The first meeting done through this forum was only 4 people, 3 of whom were OCing. It was also late in December, almost 2 years ago. We could do a march to celebrate our second anniversary. :celebrate

wally1120

imported post

Alright thats do a march after the 5th then. I am thinking something after the 5th but, before the 21st, Is this a good date for the others that are intrested in the march?

wally1120

imported post

Lets do it on the 12th. I would do it on the 13th but, Being Sunday I dont know who all goes to church. So lets do the march on December 12th at Noon. I am thinking about starting somewhere closer to me, The walk down thru Ella Sharp park. That way we go thru the County,And City all in the same walk.

Michigander

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Lets do it on the 12th. I would do it on the 13th but, Being Sunday I dont know who all goes to church. .
Sundays have often been the easiest to arrange. Some churches get out fairly early, and many religious people are willing to skip a service for a major OC meet. And many here work saturdays.

I suggest leaving both open, to see what works better for people.

I can try to keep both days open.