• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County Open Carry March

T Vance

imported post

I'm not sure if I could invest the time it would take to walk that far either. School is wrapping up for me, and my weekends are vital for projects and studying.

wally1120

imported post

NO, I dont think I want to be walking 5 miles, Not during a blizzard anyway. I was thinking about in Vandercook Lake somewhere, And then walk thru Cascades, Back into Vandercook Lake to retrieve the Vehicles.

T Vance

imported post

Just a suggestion, but I think we need to concentrate on walking around right in the downtown area. Cabman and myself were talking earlier. He'd like to setup a table where he can hang out and pass out information. The rest of us could walk around the various areas right in the downtown area.

The problem with VCL and Cascades is not many people are going out in those areas. Not to mention VCL for sure (not sure about Cascades) is patrolled by the Jackson Sheriff.

T Vance

imported post

We couls always split up for about an hour. OC by ourselves for a little while. Maybe each person gets an area to go to an OC for about a 1/2 hour. Then we could all meet up downtown and OC together.

conservative85

imported post

December 12th 0r 13th is good either way.

May I suggest we find a downtown business/park/municipal area next to a busy intersection to set up a table, then go out in a group. Walk north a block or two or three on one side, cross the street come back south to the same intersection then head west on one side cross over and so on and so on. Stopping at the corner each time like we are crossing, or maybe chit chat a few then continue our little clover leaf of the intersection. stopping at every corner, maybe even break up into a few little groups. At times we could enter some local businesses.

Just a thought

cabman1

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
December 12th 0r 13th is good either way. 

May I suggest we find a downtown business/park/municipal area next to a busy intersection to set up a table, then go out in a group. Walk north a block or two or three on one side, cross the street come back south to the same intersection then head west on one side cross over and so on and so on. Stopping at the corner each time like we are crossing, or  maybe chit chat a few then continue our little clover leaf of the intersection. stopping at every corner, maybe even break up into a few little groups. At times we could enter some local businesses.

Just a thought
there is a little right down town on the corner so this would work out nicely

T Vance

imported post

OK, this thread has been stale for a minute now.

Since no date has been confirmed and I know there is talk of a Ponde-grossa meet in Owosso for that same day, these two things are keeping one or the other from really taking off and being set in stone.

QUESTION: Let's still assume that NO date is set for this march (which seems to be the case). Who is interested in doing a OC march in Jackson? Just respond by saying "I am" if you are, then type what dates and times are good for you. We can go from there.