• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many people did you see OCing today.

The Big Guy

imported post

In the nearly 12 years I have lived here I have only seen one other person OC, and that was in a Von's about a month or so ago. On the other hand, in the few times over those same years I've been over to St George UT I have seen OC often. In Kingman AZ I have seen OC several times. We need to catch up.

iSharpShooter

imported post

I see OC in Reno quite often, about once a week. When I'm out in Elko, all I have to do is look around to see OC'ers ... and, most of the group I'm around are all CC'ers!

Of course I'm always carrying, usually CC but OC if I'm not dressed for CC.

greengum

imported post

Ran into my first OC'er yesterday!!! I was OC'ing with my little sister at Fry's in Vegas when I walked past a couple. The gentleman was OC'ing what looked like a 1911. I wanted to say hi but he looked busy and I had the cable guy waiting at my house for the router I was buying.

Facejackets

imported post

I saw one guy OCing today at Walmart on Sunset/Marks in Henderson.

Its nice to know Walmart was safer for a little bit today.

Mike In Reno

imported post

greengum wrote:
Ran into my first OC'er yesterday!!! I was OC'ing with my little sister at Fry's in Vegas when I walked past a couple. The gentleman was OC'ing what looked like a 1911. I wanted to say hi but he looked busy and I had the cable guy waiting at my house for the router I was buying.
they have a frys in vegas!!!!! they need one here, so they can take over! frys kicks @ss

Remmy

imported post

in the 4 years i've lived here in Vegas i haven't seen it at all. now Arizona in Williams I OCed into a Safeway with not even a glance. until recently I had no idea about the gun laws here and just started learning. I'm at work tonight and without knowing the exact weapon policy i opted to leave my tool in the car for tonight. I do plan on writing management and asking if i can have the okay to carry CC or OC while here at work considering the late hours i work. till 3am but southwest side of town so its a little safer but still some questionable people around. the only times ive seen such defensive tools at BassPro were being checked for patrons to go shoot, I know they put trigger locks on i wonder if they would make me put a trigger lock and unload when i walk in there next. Living 3 miles from BassPro im there often.

Vegassteve

imported post

Remmy wrote:
in the 4 years i've lived here in Vegas i haven't seen it at all. now Arizona in Williams I OCed into a Safeway with not even a glance. until recently I had no idea about the gun laws here and just started learning. I'm at work tonight and without knowing the exact weapon policy i opted to leave my tool in the car for tonight. I do plan on writing management and asking if i can have the okay to carry CC or OC while here at work considering the late hours i work. till 3am but southwest side of town so its a little safer but still some questionable people around. the only times ive seen such defensive tools at BassPro were being checked for patrons to go shoot, I know they put trigger locks on i wonder if they would make me put a trigger lock and unload when i walk in there next. Living 3 miles from BassPro im there often.
As for Bass Pro. Myself and others have been told by corp offices that OC is fine. I frankly dont go to BP anymore. They are overpriced and have no stock. Better to take money to someplace like New Frontier Armory that has a sign that WELCOMES OC.

Remmy

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Remmy wrote:
As for Bass Pro. Myself and others have been told by corp offices that OC is fine. I frankly dont go to BP anymore. They are overpriced and have no stock. Better to take money to someplace like New Frontier Armory that has a sign that WELCOMES OC.
I would have to agree that BP does over price alot of their items, but living 3 miles from the place of that magnitude that carries much more that I am also interested in its hard to resist. I of course bargin shop and shop the sales mostly as ive found some pretty excellent deals on items i wanted. The next time I go I will OC and see if they require me to unload and put a trigger lock on

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Can you snap a picture of this sign next time you're there?

Vegassteve

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

I think it might be in one of the NV shooters thread Tim. Tophog made it for them.

Here is a link with a pic of the front door. you cant read the sign but it there.

Sabotage70

imported post

I've oc'ed in bps a couple of times. Once there was nobody it the check in counter. So I just walked right on past. The second time it was more of a casual carry, my flannel barely covering my sidearm.

The first time the guys at the gun counter for sure seen me. And in the pellet rifle section, I heard a couple of guys say "well I know it's legal but..." and that's about all I heard of there conversation. So I don't know if they were actually talking about me or not.

Remmy

imported post

I didn't see any today again however I did spend my entire afternoon OC and went into the follow business without even a second look from what i could tell or whispers

Michale's, Panera Bread, both off Eastern Ave in the South, Walgreen off southern highlands pkwy near cactus

made doing some rounds with a lady friend so much more fulfilling expressing 2A rights.

infinitearms

imported post

timf343 wrote:
[/quote]

I do not have a picture handy but our sign reads:

"This establishment
welcomes all
customers who are
legally carrying
firearms - concealed
and open cary.
----------
criminals are not welcome
in this store!"

It was a grand opening present from Tophog! If i remember i will take a picture of it on Friday.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
In the nearly 12 years I have lived here I have only seen one other person OC, and that was in a Von's about a month or so ago. On the other hand, in the few times over those same years I've been over to St George UT I have seen OC often. In Kingman AZ I have seen OC several times. We need to catch up.
May well have been me, Big Guy. I think we live/shop in the same areas. I frequently OC in establishments around Horizon/Horizon Ridge, including the Vons on HR where the manager spoke with you.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Facejackets wrote:
I saw one guy OCing today at Walmart on Sunset/Marks in Henderson.

Its nice to know Walmart was safer for a little bit today.
I hate Wal-Mart, but on the occasions that I have to go there with my wife, I'm frequently OC. It could have been me you saw. Balding, goattee, 5'11".

I've also run into Dave (Don't Tread on Me) at Sinister Cycles up in NLV, although I was CC that day as I had stopped in for a dyno on my lunch break, and only CC at work.

Yard Sale

imported post

I've seen one (non-uniformed)person OC'ing in Nevada, ever, including all my previous visits to Reno and Vegas before moving here in 2004, and including my travels through the more rural areas.

Loneviking

imported post

Yard Sale wrote:
I've seen one (non-uniformed)person OC'ing in Nevada, ever, including all my previous visits to Reno and Vegas before moving here in 2004, and including my travels through the more rural areas.
Yeah, you won't find OC in town much. I OC when I'm out geocaching, hiking or cutting wood and that's mostly when I see others OC'ing.