• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man was robbed of his concealed weapon + mags

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Bm7b5 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
BigDave wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
That is exactly why I don't smoke and why I don't carry extra magazines!

OMG, the comments on KOMO's website make me want to barf.
NavyLT you should reconsider not carrying at least one extra magazine, as if you have a malfunction it is much quicker to drop the magazine, rack the slide and insert a new magazine another point is that it may take more then what you have one on magazine to protect yourself or another.
Thank you for the points to consider. It is a valid point.
Or just carry another loaded gun. Quicker than swapping to a spare mag.
Speed magazine reload is probably faster than deploying a BUG.
I suppose if the main gun is shoulder, and the BUG is ankle... otherwise draw, optional safety off, aim, fire, should at the most require some more off-hand training.

.45ACPaddy

.45ACPaddy

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
G22Paddy wrote: No, because then the bad guy will see our gun safe first when they are robbing that convenience store and shoot us first... Geez, haven't you ever paid attention to THAT argument? :celebrate
But aren't gun safes bulletproof? Just hide behind it! Not only do you have a portable armory, but you have portable cover as well!

David.Car

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Maybe I should just carry my normal gun, a spare magazine, and a BUG, and the BUG should be a revolver and I should carry a spare speed loader for the revolver....
Better safe then sorry...

israel4qu3.jpg

FMCDH

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
So, why is the one on the left wearing flip flops?
Foot/leg surgery, or some sort of injury perhaps?

Its common in our own military to allow tennis shoes for people on "lite duty" after an injury or surgery due to the restrictive nature and sometimes extra pressure it requires to put on combat boots.

Your still required to be in uniform, but they let you wear something more comfortable while you are healing.

Then again, it could just plain allowed in the Israeli military to wear whatever foot wear in uniform they want.

Considering all but two of them appear have their blouses un-tucked, it could just be that they have a relaxed dress-code. That's assuming that the "tucked" look is standard.

Our own military has almost completely gone to the un-tucked blouse for the BDU/ODU uniform to now include the Coast Guard, although both are still authorized for the time being.

Just a few points for ponder. :)

David.Car

imported post

The only problem I had with the photo was how loose and low those rifles are slung. Don't like the barrel crown being only 6 inches from the ground...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Actually, once I started thinking of them as pajamas rather than uniforms, they all got significantly more attractive.

What can I say, uniforms aren't what I want look for in a woman. :p

KBCraig

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
So, why is the one on the left wearing flip flops?
Foot/leg surgery, or some sort of injury perhaps?

Its common in our own military to allow tennis shoes for people on "lite duty" after an injury or surgery due to the restrictive nature and sometimes extra pressure it requires to put on combat boots.
I know nothing about IDF regs, but I noticed that the third from the left, and the far right, are also both wearing athletic shoes.