• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fake FBI, Sheriff's and ICE agents storm home

jhow1nm2

imported post

Freaky, true and just happened
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/21698182/detail.html

What would you do?

SANTA TERESA, New Mexico -- [/b]Dona Ana County Sheriff Deputies are investigating a home invasion in Santa Teresa early Monday morning.Police and firefighters intially responded to the scene at approximately 4:30 a.m.Early reports indicate that five men, dressed as FBI agents, sheriff deputies, police officers, and ICE agents broke into the home and tied up the homeowners with yellow zip ties.According to a law enforcement bulletin sent to El Paso area officers, the men were armed with a sawed-off shotgun.Details about what was taken from the home, if anything, has not yet been released.Crime scene investigators arrived on the scene at approximately 7:40 a.m.

bohdi

imported post

Sounds like something the zetas might do. Of course, they'd also probably kill the occupants and not leave them alive so I suppose that leave them out eh?

suntzu

imported post

exactly how does anyone know they were "fake"? The possibility exists that they were exactly FBI/ICE/Deputies...

just because they are LE does not mean they are above committing crimes if they think they can get away with them....

Pagan

imported post

If ANY body comes to my home, enters forcefully, without ALOT of LEO vehicles outside with flashing lights and plenty of noise to make their identity unmistakable, they will be met with stiff resistance. IMO no knock warrants are a death sentence for LEO's. No knock warrants are pointless, and serve NO legitimate advantage in catching fugitives or recovering evidence, atleast not in the casesI have read about.

Any crook can buy a shirt, and in 10 minutes makes a cardboard stencile that reads FBI and spray paint it on the shirt.

simmonsjoe

imported post

I don't care if they were real officers serving a real warrant on the wrong house. I know there is no legal reason for you to breach my home so you get shot, I don't care about the police cars outside. It doesn't matter, you committed a violation so egregious that it negates your office.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"...stiff resistence?"

That's all very good, but the reality is we'd all be dead if we resisted.

Now AFTERWARDS, our relatives can sue for our wrongful deaths which resulted from such a "tragic misunderstanding" (if they were REAL LEOs)but it won't help us any, being deceased. At least we get to die as free men defending home and hearth, but that's about it -- besides being just another news story on TV -- well, we also can make our relatives rich from lawsuit awards.

I guess that's something. ;)

-- John D.

P.S. Santa Teresa, NM, is so close to the "colonias" out there (near Mt. Christo Rey just up from Sunland Park and Anapra) where Mexican gangs cross the Border to rob American trains, as well ascitizenswho have the misfortune oftheir vehicles breaking down in that sorry area -- so they COULD be gangsters. Yet it sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for what seems to be (at this point) very little gain/payoff for them.

kasteer

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
"...stiff resistence?"

That's all very good, but the reality is we'd all be dead if we resisted.

Now AFTERWARDS, our relatives can sue for our wrongful deaths which resulted from such a "tragic misunderstanding," but it won't help us any, being deceased. At least we get to die as free men defending home and hearth, but that's about it -- besides being just another news story on TV -- well, we also can make our relatives rich from lawsuit awards.

I guess that's something. ;)

-- John D.

hmmm... makes me wonder why LEOs don'tintentionally break down in those areas in order to apprehend the real criminals...??? That is their job... is it not?

On another topic... Defending your home becomes a touchy situation when things like this happen.

Case #1- Real LEOs with a warrant knock on door... ok, no problem.

Case #2- Real LEOs with a no knock warrant... Hmmm... to shoot or not to shoot? Do I want to make a statement and die? Or take the chance that they're not real?

Case #3- Fake LEOs break in... How would you know until too late?

My opinion, legit LEOs should never barge into anyone's house. Period!

Hayashi Killian

imported post

IMO no knock warrants are a death sentence for LEO's. No knock warrants are pointless, and serve NO legitimate advantage in catching fugitives or recovering evidence, atleast not in the cases I have read about.

Damn right. If LE came through my door with a no-knock warrant I am keeping a 12ga pointed at them until everyone who steps through my door provides me with ID and the warrant information and I call it in to make sure it's completely legit. Anyone shows hostilities or draws weapons and I'll need a mop to get rid of them completely.

No-knock warrants are completely pointless. I can understand the use of them for high-crime situations like those where SWAT goes along with, but the problem is that they can be issued for situations where that sort of thing is not completely necessary.

Dreamer

imported post

Actually, "no knock" warrants make a VERY strong point:

That you are not a citizen, but a subject, and the Constitution is viewed as an inconvenient obstacle by your local LEA, Court system, and Attorney General.

Personally, I feel that the practice of no-knock warrants is dangerous to LEOs, unconstitutional in theory and practice, and is a sign that our Courts, Judges, and LEA's are willing and enthusiastic participants in the trend of Creeping Fascism that exists on the Federal level.

I find such practices to be a sign that our "government" has, indeed, declared war upon the citizenry and on the Constitution, and that there are people in our government that honestly believe that The Bill of Rights is an inconvenient obstacle to be overcome.

Pray for the future of our nation, dear Brothers and Sisters...

joshuaeberly

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Actually, "no knock" warrants make a VERY strong point:

That you are not a citizen, but a subject, and the Constitution is viewed as an inconvenient obstacle by your local LEA, Court system, and Attorney General.

Personally, I feel that the practice of no-knock warrants is dangerous to LEOs, unconstitutional in theory and practice, and is a sign that our Courts, Judges, and LEA's are willing and enthusiastic participants in the trend of Creeping Fascism that exists on the Federal level.

I find such practices to be a sign that our "government" has, indeed, declared war upon the citizenry and on the Constitution, and that there are people in our government that honestly believe that The Bill of Rights is an inconvenient obstacle to be overcome.

Pray for the future of our nation, dear Brothers and Sisters...

what he said.

M

McX

imported post

Fake Feds?! Oh great, once that gets out that will be the new "copy cat" crime spree.

black wolf defense

imported post

Impersonations are nothing new.... They are gaining in popularity for criminal use. One reason I designed a new full size target to accommadate this issue. The target is being distributed by LE Targets...

Here it is.... http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=BWT-CCW

Note the throat box (no target I have found has a throat box for this purpose), it is in the area where vest DO NOT cover.... This is an area people need to think about utilizing and/or training with.

My thought behind this design....

[align=left] I have used many target designs and I have never really been happy with any of them. Some were to cheesy, some were just poorly designed. Several I have used just plain suckedfor training purposes. As I state below, this target was designed fortraining in stopping a threat intodays realisticconditions, and shot placement (moving or stationary shooting platforms). [/align]

[align=left] It has the TQ 21 scoring lines for AZ POST qualification's, It has the official AZ DPS CCW scoring zone in the center of mass, It has a 4" head shot zone (the scoring zone in the head is the softest part of the head and most calibers would either stop the theat or at least significantly alter the threat reaction towards you. The head shot zone also realisticallyincompasses the brain stem area.), it also has a 2.5" x 6" throat scoring box (this is a zone that is left unprotected should the bad guy be wearing body armor. Quite a few home invasion suspects are using body armor, when looking to stop a threat all zones need to be considered!). The bullseye's on the top of the target are to be used for trigger reset, which makes for better marksmanship all around. I had a right and left side bullseye placed so that right and left handed shooters would be able to use anatural point of aim when learning/practicing this exercise. I have found that this bullseye placement has made a difference in the learning impact on right and left hand shooters.

Anyways, that is why I did this project.
[/align]
John

Anubis

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
but the reality is we'd all be dead if we resisted.
Probably, but that would be the case whether the invaders were LEOs or criminals. If your door is kicked in by a group of armed invaders and you know you are a law-abiding citizen, the odds are at least thousands-to-one that they are criminals. You have no time for mental debate.