• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fake FBI, Sheriff's and ICE agents storm home

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anubis wrote:
you know you are a law-abiding citizen, the odds are at least thousands-to-one that they are criminals.
Your "if" is an impossible condition.

You are not a law-abiding citizen. Nobody is anymore.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Washington Times writes:
Criminalizing Everyone:

"You don't need to know. You can't know." That's what Kathy Norris, a 60-year-old grandmother of eight, was told when she tried to ask court officials why, the day before, federal agents had subjected her home to a furious search.

The agents who spent half a day ransacking Mrs. Norris' longtime home in Spring, Texas, answered no questions while they emptied file cabinets, pulled books off shelves, rifled through drawers and closets, and threw the contents on the floor.

The six agents, wearing SWAT gear and carrying weapons, were with - get this- the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Kathy and George Norris lived under the specter of a covert government investigation for almost six months before the government unsealed a secret indictment and revealed why the Fish and Wildlife Service had treated their family home as if it were a training base for suspected terrorists. Orchids.

That's right. Orchids...
Read the rest by following the link.

jtallen1190

imported post

Look I am sorry but if they didnt have a bunch of cop cars and all the noise that I would expect from police officers. I mean these could have been realAgents even. They are not angels they can commit crime also. I am just saying nobody would be coming in my house like that because I would have to call the cops myself to make sure they were suppose to be there and they were who they said they were. My girlfriend and I both have pistols and I have 2 Aks too so They would have met alot of resistance trying that sxxt. I am glad that they didnt hurt them though because that would be a confusing situation. Its hard to say what would really happen in that situation but if I was awake before they got in the house I would have called the actual cops and we would have our guns ready but I dont know how much time they had or anything like that. Dont take any chances with you or your loved ones because it is not worth it no matter what

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Personally, I don't know how I'd react if I were no-knock raided.

I'd hope to make the right decision, but how can you when police no longer have a standard by which we may unambiguously differentiate them from criminal invaders? When police no longer knock, and instead bust in as formerly only a criminal would, how may we know the difference?

This is the whole point of warrants and due process (well, one of them anyway), and the police throw it out the door at their own peril.

And then, rather accept the peril they've created, they insist that we have no right to defend ourselves against a criminal invader who later turns out to be a cop, but they have the right to murder us in our justified confusion and righteous but unwise attempts at self-defense.

Clearly, no-knock raids must cease. If there isn't a gun to a hostage's head, I want to see gentle knocks on doors by guys armed with a warrants, not AR-15s.

The police are intentionally placing their safety at odds with our rights. If their procedures or safety don't yield, then it's going to be our rights.

I, for one, I'm not willing to support that. The police need to be the ones to "sacrifice" to defend the American edifice this time. I put "sacrifice" in quotes because the authority they'd be relinquishing was already usurped against moral right, ethical propriety, and historical legal originalism.

Edit:
marshaul wrote:
Geoff wrote:
I didn't realize a 'no knock warrant' was real. Does this exist at a federal level, or state?

Thanks,
geoff
It exists at every level in every jurisdiction in this once-free country.
QFT.