• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sad day for CCDL: Hops in Newington closes down

gluegun

imported post

Hops Not Hopping Anymore
Local restaurant and brewery closes its doors
By JOE PIRANEO
Updated 8:45 AM EST, Mon, Nov 23, 2009

Hops Restaurant and Brewery in Newington has closed its doors after 10 years.

The restaurant and microbrewery that opened its Newington location on the Berlin Turnpike in 1999 closed after business on Sunday. It was the only site in Connecticut.

Employees were notified of the closure last week, but company officials and the local manager have not elaborated on the cause for the closure.

NBC Connecticut's calls to the regional manager have not been returned.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/around-town/food-drink/Hops-Not-Hopping-Anymore-71516837.html

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League had their first meeting at Hops in Newington on February 16th, 2009.

Rich B

imported post

I respect the history CCDL had with Hops, but in my opinion, they really didn't deserve to be in business. Their beer was awful, and their food wasn't much better.

Much better places to meet in CT can be found easily.