• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Needs A Gun in Richmond's Fan District

kenny

imported post

Another armed robbery that has yet to be released by RPD. Last night a man using the ATM located at a Bank of America at W Broad & N Robinson was robbed at gun point about 9:50 pm. The two gun men were hiding nearby in an unlit yard.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Does this branch have a drive up machine in back near the alley? - that would be my guess, it is very sheltered back there.

Can't remember seeing a machine in the front along Broad St.

Yata hey

kenny

imported post

Two drive up machines, three banks camera, one residential camera and a half a dozen at the Science & Children's Museum and the bank property is well lit for the most part.

I smell a Goose cooking.

kenny

imported post

1228 wrote:
This morning's TD reported another robbery yesterday just down Broad St from the ATM.  This time it was an insurance agency that got hit.  http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/west_broad_street_insurance_agency_robbed/307614/

The bad guys are getting smarter. They pick a rainy evening and hit a business that does mostly a cash business. Hopefully the sob overdosed on the crack he purchased.

By the way the description was a black male, with a black ski mask on a black bicycle. Most likely went into Scott's Addition or south on the Boulevard. I pick the previous as crossing Broad St on a bike at that time of day plus the rain is more dangerous than robbing a bank.

kenny

imported post

I've lived in the general area twenty five years. I've dealt with the homeless, the drunk, the mentally challenged, the druggies, the pimps, the prostitutes, the child abusers, the spouse beaters and my favorite the college parties.

Never in all those years have we had to deal with the violent person on person crime that we have had to deal with the last few months.

I hope and pray things change soon.