Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MGO

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm considering resigning my account there altogether.

Though it can be a useful resource for conversation and access to legal minds, I don't think I can handle being there with so many who don't understand what freedom is.

Post imported post

There must be a lot of lib.sthere. Never been there myself.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

It really is only a few. Don't let it get you down.

MOST of the guys over there a really cool.

Most of the issues on MGO are Done Deal and he's a real loser. He was a moderator till he was "forcefully removed by the EC for his BS.

Then he ran for a seat on the EC and won in an uncontested election only to bit(h and moan from day one. Then he went on to attack one of the EC, one that probably does more work for the organization then anyone else and happens to be a great guy. Then he resigns from the EC within what? 2 months?

He's a blowhard loser and we should all ignore him, we'll all be better off for it.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    I'm considering resigning my account there altogether.

Though it can be a useful resource for conversation and access to legal minds, I don't think I can handle being there with so many who don't understand what freedom is.
    I know it's more than just DD, but you gotta know that what you're doing is beneficial. There are really only a few that seem to have such a hard-on for OC and OCers, it's pretty easy to spot those who genuinely have not formed an opinion, and those who are completely against it posing as objective.

Post imported post

Done Deal is about to have a stroke

And then there is some guy from lansing that is setting himself up as the mini DD
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Seems like every time I point out how idiotic his opinions are with verified fact, or backup my so-called opinions with legal citations, he just ignores it and goes back to his "tried and true" BS rhetoric.

Annoying.

Post imported post

Yeah he is a real narrow minded angry old man!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Seems like every time I point out how idiotic his opinions are with verified fact, or backup my so-called opinions with legal citations, he just ignores it and goes back to his "tried and true" BS rhetoric.

Annoying.
    Do you have your CPL?

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:

And then there is some guy from lansing that is setting himself up as the mini DD
    Man, I hope you aren't talking about me...LOL.

I do agree agree that MGO is really going downhill. I haven't even been on there that long and it seems to be getting worse by the day. Before I even started posting over there I lurked for awhile so I already knew who the trolls were and I wasn't disappointed. The hatred of open carry over there makes me sick. I'm glad they stay over there and don't start that stuff on this forum. Everyone here seems to have it together and even when there are disagreements no one resorts to name calling and actually listens to reason. Everyone here seems allot better informed when it comes to the law.

I too have considered closing my account over there cause of the BS but there are still allot of peoples opinions I respect and they do have some interesting posts. I guess we'll just have to hope that the whole site comes back from its downward spiral into "The Dump".

Post imported post

What is MGO?
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    What is MGO?
    Michigan Gun Owners

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    When that day comes Doug will ______________.

Post imported post

johnniebravo wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    ...light him on fire and indian dance around him while "we are the champions" is playing in the background?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    johnniebravo wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    ...light him on fire and indian dance around him while "we are the champions" is playing in the background?
    Thats a good one but im waiting for Doug to chime in on this one and fill out the blank

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

Annoying.
    Remember you are not trying to post you cites and opinions to convince DD (That will never happen, he is a contrary personality), but to educate those others that read your posts. They are your audience not DD and his ilk. So keep up the posts and information, for every DD there are hundreds that are not DD.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

Annoying.
    Remember you are not trying to post you cites and opinions to convince DD (That will never happen, he is a contrary personality), but to educate those others that read your posts.┬* They are your audience not DD and his ilk.┬* So keep up the posts and information, for every DD there are hundreds that are not DD.
    Good point! And it does help put it in perspective.

Post imported post

I've been considering it too. I joined to sell a gun of mine, and it's long since been sold.

The Legal Beagle is the only reason I'm still there. As much as I don't like Jim because he's anti OC, he knows the law better than anyone else on that site, and will tell me how it is when I need it.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Did they kill the thread about kimberguy littering charge over at MGO? Seems to be completely gone?
    ôLiberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.ö - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

a2fireball wrote:
    Did they kill the thread about kimberguy littering charge over at MGO? Seems to be completely gone?
    I think they moved it to the dump and then Locked it

Post imported post

Done Deal seems to be on a crusade to take all OC threads of topic and get them locked... So why don't we all just put him on our ignore lists and keep him there!

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Done Deal seems to be on a crusade to take all OC threads of topic and get them locked... So why don't we all just put him on our ignore lists and keep him there!
    I think I'll mosey on over there right now and do just that.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I can stick to that. If you notice, the threads don't get long until he shows up spouting nonsense.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Makes perfect sense. Much like the N1H1, he's not going away anytime soon.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    As Doug says: "Hit the ignore button and it's a done deal"

Post imported post

cobra wrote:
    As Doug says:┬* "Hit the ignore button and it's a done deal" ┬*
    Ha, I like that! I've only been on MGO for a week or so, and I'm already sick of the 'my way or the highway' attitude that some people have. Most notably DD.

Not to generalize though. Like some have said, it's really only a few people.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast