• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MGO

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm considering resigning my account there altogether.

Though it can be a useful resource for conversation and access to legal minds, I don't think I can handle being there with so many who don't understand what freedom is.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

It really is only a few. Don't let it get you down.

MOST of the guys over there a really cool.

Most of the issues on MGO are Done Deal and he's a real loser. He was a moderator till he was "forcefully removed by the EC for his BS.

Then he ran for a seat on the EC and won in an uncontested election only to bit(h and moan from day one. Then he went on to attack one of the EC, one that probably does more work for the organization then anyone else and happens to be a great guy. Then he resigns from the EC within what? 2 months?

He's a blowhard loser and we should all ignore him, we'll all be better off for it.

FatboyCykes

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
I'm considering resigning my account there altogether.

Though it can be a useful resource for conversation and access to legal minds, I don't think I can handle being there with so many who don't understand what freedom is.

I know it's more than just DD, but you gotta know that what you're doing is beneficial. There are really only a few that seem to have such a hard-on for OC and OCers, it's pretty easy to spot those who genuinely have not formed an opinion, and those who are completely against it posing as objective.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seems like every time I point out how idiotic his opinions are with verified fact, or backup my so-called opinions with legal citations, he just ignores it and goes back to his "tried and true" BS rhetoric.

Annoying.

T Vance

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Seems like every time I point out how idiotic his opinions are with verified fact, or backup my so-called opinions with legal citations, he just ignores it and goes back to his "tried and true" BS rhetoric.

Annoying.
Do you have your CPL?

Denny

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Done Deal is about to have a stroke :lol:

And then there is some guy from lansing that is setting himself up as the mini DD

Man, I hope you aren't talking about me...LOL.

I do agree agree that MGO is really going downhill. I haven't even been on there that long and it seems to be getting worse by the day. Before I even started posting over there I lurked for awhile so I already knew who the trolls were and I wasn't disappointed. The hatred of open carry over there makes me sick. I'm glad they stay over there and don't start that stuff on this forum. Everyone here seems to have it together and even when there are disagreements no one resorts to name calling and actually listens to reason. Everyone here seems allot better informed when it comes to the law.

I too have considered closing my account over there cause of the BS but there are still allot of peoples opinions I respect and they do have some interesting posts. I guess we'll just have to hope that the whole site comes back from its downward spiral into "The Dump".

johnniebravo

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
johnniebravo wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Done Deal is about to have a stroke :lol:
When that day comes Doug will ______________. :lol:
...light him on fire and indian dance around him while "we are the champions" is playing in the background?
Thats a good one but im waiting for Doug to chime in on this one and fill out the blank :lol:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:

Annoying.
Remember you are not trying to post you cites and opinions to convince DD (That will never happen, he is a contrary personality), but to educate those others that read your posts. They are your audience not DD and his ilk. So keep up the posts and information, for every DD there are hundreds that are not DD.

autosurgeon

imported post

Venator wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:

Annoying.
Remember you are not trying to post you cites and opinions to convince DD (That will never happen, he is a contrary personality), but to educate those others that read your posts.  They are your audience not DD and his ilk.  So keep up the posts and information, for every DD there are hundreds that are not DD.

Good point! And it does help put it in perspective.

malignity

imported post

I've been considering it too. I joined to sell a gun of mine, and it's long since been sold.

The Legal Beagle is the only reason I'm still there. As much as I don't like Jim because he's anti OC, he knows the law better than anyone else on that site, and will tell me how it is when I need it.