• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Senate Candidate

comp45acp

imported post

I was in the parking lot at the Watertown Walmart loading up and getting ready to go in when I saw Dave's well signed SUV with him getting in it. Went over and spoke with him and found out he is very supportive of open carry and his website states he "supports concealed carry for all citizens". He is an NRA Life Member. Conservative on all issues.

http://www.davewestlake.org/index.html

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I have no problem supporting Dave Westlake. I seen an interview on TV about him when he first came up with his orange shirt idea. I think he is an excellent candidate.

comp45acp

imported post

He does this a little tongue in cheek. He hands out orange T-Shirts that say "I am Dave Westlake". He gave me one yesterday.

opusd2

imported post

That's hilarious!

On paper he seems like a good guy, but until I know more than what he puts out there i will have to hold my judgment.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember Bill Proxmire,

He was a democrat, But he spent his campaign time at any festival anywhere he could find, the WI state fair was a great venue for him.
He was commonly seen with a bratwurst in one hand, and a beer in the other.

He got out there and tried to show the voters that he was a regular old slob just like them, and it worked. He was able to garner over 70% of the vote by using the "I am a poor slob just like you" tactics when campaigning. We need more people like him with views that match our own.

Unlike the democrats of today, he fought against pork-barrel spending, and is most noted for his "Golden Fleece" awards

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Feingold is that rare liberal Dem that votes pro-2A.
Yup, I believe it is because he listeedn to his constitunts instead of pursuing his own agenda. If he was Anti-2A, he would probably not be in office for too long.
No, I think he was pro- 2nd Amendment even while he was a state senator representing a liberal Madison area district. Jon "Sly" Sylvester, who is on Madison radio, is another rare pro-gun liberal. Actually they may not be all that rare, since I know several others personally who are very pro gun.