Thread: HD VIDEO: Sunnyvale DPS Officers Check Open Carriers

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

I will be standing down from Open Carrying at events until 2A is incorporated into California's constitution (even if by case law). I will continue to carry in my neighborhood as I see fit, but not in any activism rolls until that later date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mF7opZ_sI

This is a trimmed down HD video from an open carry meet up in Sunnyvale California Dated July 28th 2009.
    I wanted to show how polite the police can be when video is rolling. Open Carriers have been stopped by these same officers (after July 28th) and treated much different. Sometimes with tazers at the ready. Sometimes stopping these people even though they had no firearms on them.

Law enforcement personnel, before you start claiming we are trying to entrap you, keep in mind we have proof of you and your brethren violating citizen's civil rights and admitting to doing so (self incrimination). If we wanted to sue you we would have already done so with the constitutional violations to date. Refrain from the victim mentality, stop telling others we are sue happy, it hasn't happened in "California", not once.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

This was a great stop. The Lt. was totally calm and amiable to everybody. The only thing I would have done had I been there would ask if I was being detained when he left and said he would be right back.

It should be noted that the only reason this video was posted was because of Sunnyvale's unconstitutional harassment of dirtykoala and subsequent denial of any wrongdoing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this bad_ace.

Post imported post

Great quality video. I'm sorry to be putting a damper on UOC personally. You've done great work up there. And I'm sure will again soon! FTW!

Post imported post

Excellent video. Too bad you won't continue the UOC down there. You guys are finally gaining some ground on your rights to carry a firearm.

Post imported post

Good job ACE. The LEO was actually pretty nice since he was under surveillance the whole time. Thats how smooth a E-check should go.

Banned

Post imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
    Good job ACE. The LEO was actually pretty nice since he was under surveillance the whole time. Thats how smooth a E-check should go.

Could make up some double-sided polos that say "The U.S. Constitution is watching..." with a videocamera under it like this, but larger:

Or better yet, a silouhette of this:

With a videocamera drawn into the grip.

Then see if they get the same consistent result.

Post imported post

bad_ace, quick question. LT. said " I'll be back in a sec" what was he doing and for how long?

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    It should be noted that the only reason this video was posted was because of Sunnyvale's unconstitutional harassment of dirtykoala and subsequent denial of any wrongdoing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this bad_ace.
    That's true. I want to draw a contrast between group encounters and the solo encounters dirty koala has received from the same officers after late July. It will be hard to claim they "forgot the laws" shortly after July. Or this could show that through their published biased against law abiding citizens they ramped up their SOP to include illegal searches and show of force techniques.

Post imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
    bad_ace, quick question.* LT. said " I'll be back in a sec" what was he doing and for how long?
    He stepped outside of ear shot to talk to the other Lt. that calmly strolled up.

If I had to guess, he was just bringing this other Lt. up to speed and explaining their limitations. The time away took 1 min 10 secs during that time he talked to a young girl that approached him about her missing sister. At the beginning of the video you'll see her try and approach him, he see's this and tells her he'll be right with her. Very polite and good situational awareness.

Post imported post

ill get some clips from my encounter and post them here to show the contrast that badace is referring to.

"alright sir, where gonna go ahead and run your weapon for registration and make sure its not stolen"

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

Are you the gentlemen in the light grey T-shirt??

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Great video, good work getting them trained. Too bad it takes open (in your face) audio and video recording to solicit the positive encounter. But again, good training for them.

I still would like to encourage everyone to further the training stepsby asking LEOs(politely and respectfully) whether or not they are aware that the 12031(e) check is optional. This LEO responded as though you can expect an e-check everytime he sees you (which is his prerogative, but again not a requirement on his part).
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
    Are you the gentlemen in the light grey T-shirt??
    Yes Sir.