• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cabman1 for vice president

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I was wondering when and how the votes are taking place!!!!
I have asked the webmaster to create a electronic voting site. I don't know if he can do it. If not we may have to send out ballots or work with emails. I'm hoping we can resolve this soon.

T Vance

imported post

Venator wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
I have asked the webmaster to create a electronic voting site. I don't know if he can do it. If not we may have to send out ballots or work with emails. I'm hoping we can resolve this soon.
They could create a members only portion (as just discussed in another thread recently), and set a poll up on it, kind of like how you creat polls on here.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
They could create a members only portion (as just discussed in another thread recently), and set a poll up on it, kind of like how you creat polls on here.
It's in the final stages, we just had a test of two programs tonight, so things are looking good. I need to send the answers to the questions from the candidates out to members before we vote.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Glad to hear the tests went well. online voting will definitely expedite the process.

I assume the voters will be emailed the information. Correct? Or what cabman said I'm not opposed to having it online either. Unless there are specific reasons that we can't.

viperar15

imported post

the system we are using retricts voting to MOC Members Only and also Encrypts who voted for who, so we wont know who voted for who.

This will also help protect our members. The only way someone (even the admins of the poll) will know who voted for who... is if you tell us.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
the system we are using retricts voting to MOC Members Only and also Encrypts who voted for who, so we wont know who voted for who.

This will also help protect our members. The only way someone (even the admins of the poll) will know who voted for who... is if you tell us.
Nice work, I look forward to the voting process!

cabman1

imported post

viperar15[/user] wrote: [/b]

Well I guess I will tell you who I am voting for and the lucky man will be cabman:celebrate:monkey

T Vance

imported post

Not to get off topic, but when you get a MOC membership how long is it good for (I know a year), but is it from the day you paid until that same day the following year?

cabman1

imported post

members of MOC

As the election for vice president draws near i figured I would also give you a little background information..I started my professional life peddling an Ice cream bike at the age of 13 .I never quit working from that point on.I went on to manage a successful fast food chain for 10 years.then I became general manager of a multi -million dollar fuel company.Now I own a successful transportation company and some real estate.I am also a reverend with 4 children.My vision is to double the membership of our company.Continue to educate the general public on the legality of open carrying do some fund raising.I am currently working on a charity poker night to generate some revenue.

I have been dedicated to the cuase since I joined.I have helped fellow members when needed.I have sat and waited while a member went to get his cpl.I have held meetings with the chief of police in a couple local towns.