Thread: formal complaint

Post imported post

Ok, I am writing a formal complaint to the JPD, I need any help or input, I am not so good with letters, nor am I one to complain. I have the paperwork I just need to fill it out and turn it in.

ay and all help from you good writers out there will be greatly appreciated.

Post imported post

There are more than a few people on this board who write decently.

I would suggest first thing you do is just start typing out all the stuff you can think of. It doesn't have to look pretty at first as your just getting your thoughts down. Make sure to try to use good grammar so that we can see what it is your trying to say. If it's just one big gigantic run on sentence it will be difficult to understand what your trying to say from one point to the next and if you don't use paragraphs or commas or periods or other punctuation then it will be difficult to understand what you are trying to say and if your speelling is poor then it will be difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

Seriously, I would suggest using a data processing program of some sort such as Word, or the Microsoft Works Data Processor. Click on the bullet points button, and press enter between each thought. That way it puts your ideas in seperate bullet points, making it easier to sort. The important thing is to get your ideas down first (what you want to say (good way to vent)), while keeping them easy to sort. After you do that we can polish it up some.

Post imported post

Do what Ghostrider said, and I can help you with it. This week will be tough for me, but I can help as much as possible.

Post imported post

When you get it done PM me and I will give you my email address. I would be glad to proof read it and give you suggestions.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Keep it in the PM world and limit your consultants.

I think you're taking the right steps.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

This! And no I will not be hurt if you choose not to have me proof it

The point is you do what you feel is best!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

thanks guys.

Post imported post

I was discussing what has been happening toKimberguy to a buddy (MSP Trooper) and he was totally pissed at the actions of the JPD. The first thing he said was that you need to be writing formal complaints any time there is contact with a jpd officer. Then he said if that doesn't take care of the obvious Barney Fife that you need to sue him. He is very familiar with open carry laws and basically stated that there are alot of departments who don't keep their officers up to date on various laws but once he was informed that it was obvious he was just trying to be a bully with a badge. Then he went on a rant about how most departments don't do enough training in general in dealing with people but thats another story.

Post imported post

Question. I had my Target incident occur back in April with the JPD. Should I file a complaint even though it has been this long, just so it is on record? Or should I just file a complaint if it happens again?

Post imported post

Denny wrote:
    I was discussing what has been happening to┬*Kimberguy to a buddy (MSP Trooper) and he was totally pissed at the actions of the JPD. The first thing he said was that you need to be writing formal complaints any time there is contact with a jpd officer. Then he said if that doesn't take care of the obvious Barney Fife that you need to sue him. He is very familiar with open carry laws and basically stated that there are alot of departments who don't keep their officers up to date on various laws but once he was informed that it was obvious he was just trying to be a bully with a badge. Then he went on a rant about how most departments don't do enough training in general in dealing with people but thats another story.
    This has been the reaction from both MSP and Sheriffs deputies that I know.

Post imported post

There is A LOT of great information at http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...cle-30183.html

NOLO has been around since long before the internet, so is a trusted source of information. It may help you phrase things in correct legal terminology. Could spend many hours at this site
    ôLiberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.ö - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Question. I had my Target incident occur back in April with the JPD. Should I file a complaint even though it has been this long, just so it is on record? Or should I just file a complaint if it happens again?
    File a complaint so it will be on record.Time isn't a factor.I'm also having to file a complaint to get it on record and also requesting an investigation.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

Sorry,

I meant to add.

I'll be happy to help if you want to shoot me a PM. Just put down all your bullet points, and I'll see what I can come up with. Only caveat is that I won't be able to do it untill next week. In your case, I'd recommend getting them in as soon as you can providing someone will help you with it.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

+1.

Since there have been many LEO-OC incidents in Jackson, I would request that the officers in question go through OC Sensitivity Training.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.