• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

formal complaint

Kimberguy

imported post

Ok, I am writing a formal complaint to the JPD, I need any help or input, I am not so good with letters, nor am I one to complain. I have the paperwork I just need to fill it out and turn it in.

ay and all help from you good writers out there will be greatly appreciated.

ghostrider

imported post

There are more than a few people on this board who write decently.

I would suggest first thing you do is just start typing out all the stuff you can think of. It doesn't have to look pretty at first as your just getting your thoughts down. Make sure to try to use good grammar so that we can see what it is your trying to say. If it's just one big gigantic run on sentence it will be difficult to understand what your trying to say from one point to the next and if you don't use paragraphs or commas or periods or other punctuation then it will be difficult to understand what you are trying to say and if your speelling is poor then it will be difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

Seriously, I would suggest using a data processing program of some sort such as Word, or the Microsoft Works Data Processor. Click on the bullet points button, and press enter between each thought. That way it puts your ideas in seperate bullet points, making it easier to sort. The important thing is to get your ideas down first (what you want to say (good way to vent)), while keeping them easy to sort. After you do that we can polish it up some.

G

imported post

Keep it in the PM world and limit your consultants.

I think you're taking the right steps.

Denny

imported post

I was discussing what has been happening toKimberguy to a buddy (MSP Trooper) and he was totally pissed at the actions of the JPD. The first thing he said was that you need to be writing formal complaints any time there is contact with a jpd officer. Then he said if that doesn't take care of the obvious Barney Fife that you need to sue him. He is very familiar with open carry laws and basically stated that there are alot of departments who don't keep their officers up to date on various laws but once he was informed that it was obvious he was just trying to be a bully with a badge. Then he went on a rant about how most departments don't do enough training in general in dealing with people but thats another story.

T Vance

imported post

Question. I had my Target incident occur back in April with the JPD. Should I file a complaint even though it has been this long, just so it is on record? Or should I just file a complaint if it happens again?

autosurgeon

imported post

Denny wrote:
I was discussing what has been happening to Kimberguy to a buddy (MSP Trooper) and he was totally pissed at the actions of the JPD. The first thing he said was that you need to be writing formal complaints any time there is contact with a jpd officer. Then he said if that doesn't take care of the obvious Barney Fife that you need to sue him. He is very familiar with open carry laws and basically stated that there are alot of departments who don't keep their officers up to date on various laws but once he was informed that it was obvious he was just trying to be a bully with a badge. Then he went on a rant about how most departments don't do enough training in general in dealing with people but thats another story.

This has been the reaction from both MSP and Sheriffs deputies that I know.

Haman J.T.

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Question. I had my Target incident occur back in April with the JPD. Should I file a complaint even though it has been this long, just so it is on record? Or should I just file a complaint if it happens again?
File a complaint so it will be on record.Time isn't a factor.I'm also having to file a complaint to get it on record and also requesting an investigation.

ghostrider

imported post

Sorry,

I meant to add.

I'll be happy to help if you want to shoot me a PM. Just put down all your bullet points, and I'll see what I can come up with. Only caveat is that I won't be able to do it untill next week. In your case, I'd recommend getting them in as soon as you can providing someone will help you with it.

PDinDetroit

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Keep it in the PM world and limit your consultants.

I think you're taking the right steps.
+1.

Since there have been many LEO-OC incidents in Jackson, I would request that the officers in question go through OC Sensitivity Training.