• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow, Tuesday 11/24/2009! Riv Co. Supervisors Meeting!

chewy352

imported post

Hey cool you already live in Riverside county. You better watch out cool because if demnogis doesn't let me move in I'm sleeping on your couch.

coolusername2007 wrote:
How's Mom's cookin' ? Can she bake? Three's not a crowd is it? /images/emoticons/

cato

imported post

yelohamr wrote:

Undersheriff Valerie Hill told supervisors..."We take it very seriously because every time we issue a permit there are liability issues for the county," she said.

She is gravely mistaken!!! There is NO liability from the exercise of the Sheriffs discretion. There IS liability for not issuing fairly. And there will be UBER liability post McDonald!

Edward Peruta

imported post

I am very please wi6ththe decision made bythe Riverside County Board of Supervisors.

This is exactly why I filed a Federal Lawsuit in San Diego against the San Diego Sheriff's Department.

The California Penal Code requires applicants for CCWs to be a "RESIDENT" of the issuing authorities jurisdiction, NO MORE, NO LESS.

The law and case decisions across the county hold that a person may have more than one RESIDENCE but ONLY ONE DOMICILE.

Yes, individuals may establishresidence in more than onecounty or jurisdiction.

I would argue that "GOOD CAUSE" is defined by a community standard and not by a single individual.

With an elected body such as the Riverside County Board of Supervisors voting to establishthe community belief that self defense is GOOD CAUSE,makes it much easier to argue the fact that the applicant is not the only one to believe it.

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department had proper notice in the form of a published agenda and the opportunity to present theirposition to theRiverside County Board of Supervisorsprior to their vote and chose not to.

If the legislature wanted otherwise, they would have reduced it to black and white and published it in the California Penal Code.

The issue of whether or not I am to be considered a RESIDENT of San Diego County while maintaining residences elsewhere will be the topic of a motion to dismiss my case on December 21, 2009 in the Federal District Court in San Diego.

Here is the link to more information on this topic.

http://ctgunrights.com/00.Webpages/CA.motion.to.Dismiss.htm

Read and listen to the information at this website andJUDGE for yourself.

edperuta@amcable.tv

coolusername2007

imported post

Is it me or my computer, or has this story been buried? The link posted in an earlier post still works, but try finding the article just by navigating their website. I can't find it the "organic" way.

xmattedgex

imported post

wow! this is so awesome! i live in riverside county, actually in temecula, and i am looking to start open carrying! and now i might be able to get my CCW! that's incrdible!