Thread: Lakeood's laws need some tweaking

Post imported post

http://municode.cityoflakewood.us/

08.76.530- Firearms, Weapons

No person except duly authorized law enforcement personnel and/or persons licensed to carry a concealed weapon shall possess a firearm in a city park.
    This is pre-empted by state law, right?

09.34.020- Weapons - Intoxicated Persons - Places Where Liquor Consumed

A. Any person other than the owner or manager approved as such by the Liquor Control Board who has in his possession or within his immediate physical control a deadly weapon while in an establishment where liquor or alcoholic beverages are served as a consumer thereof, or while under the influence of or affected by the use of intoxicating liquor or drugs as defined in RCW 46.61.506, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, but this Section shall not apply in the former case to customers partaking of alcoholic beverages with a meal and while seated, nor in the latter case to a person in his own residence.

B. The proprietor of all establishments where liquor or alcoholic beverages are consumed on the premises must advise patrons of the requirements of this Section. A conspicuous sign stating "No Weapons Allowed” or other sign approved by the chief of police and indicating this Section is sufficient notice. No notice needs to be given or posted in the dining area of an establishment with a separate lounge.

C. “Deadly weapon” means any explosive or loaded or unloaded firearm or fixed blade cutting or stabbing instrument, and includes any other weapon, device, instrument, article, or substance as defined in this Section, which, under the circumstances in which it is used, attempted to be used, or threatened to be used, is readily capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.

Aren't they prohibited only in the area of the establishment that's 21+?

Anyone wanna help in writing a letter? Never did it before, myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

You are correct on both counts, thoguht the section on liqour establichments seems vague in parts.

I have never written one of these letters, but there are many successful examples on this forum that can be modified for your use.

CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Pre-empted and REPEALED. There is no law on their books.

Theres that popular lie again (not from you, from them) that no one can bear arms without a Permit.

Then when they have that lie firmly in place, as did CASTROS CUBA, then then can disarm the Public.

It really did happen that way in 1950s Cuba, I was told that tale by a Cuban refugee who fled during the Revolution.

"First, it was OK to have guns,
    Then it was "just register them"
    Then (knock on the door) HAND THEM OVER"

He said its happening here too.

Use my letter to REICHland:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/34272.html

or if its not readable, ill send a copy to you. Email me and I can mail a set of copies, including the City attorney and State AGs responses.

Hell, Im bored, shall we get an Attorney, TV camera and go for a walk?

Post imported post

Absolutely, except I can't afford the attourney. Being a 21 year old college student working minimal hours (due to economy being stuck in the bottom of a trash can) doesn't allow for much spending cash. I'm lucky if I can buy a box of ammo and go to the range each paycheck.

Otherwise I'd love to go take a walk and be completely compliant with the law, even though the City of Lakewood may inaccurately think otherwise.

http://www.cityoflakewood.us/departm...ion/parks.html

Plenty to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Organize and have a picnic/gathering were open carry is welcome at one of the parks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
    Otherwise I'd love to go take a walk and be completely compliant with the law, even though the City of Lakewood may inaccurately think otherwise.
    You would be completely compliant with the law. The law says that their ordinance is preempted and repealed.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40