• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question for open carrying a loaded sidearm

jasons

imported post

I understand I can open carry in certain cities throughout the state of Missouri. Where exactly can I find out if that weaponcan, or can not be loaded, (charged)?

I'm not looking for opinions, I'm looking for specific documentation.

I've recently been involved in a discussion regarding this question.All this time I've assumed the sidearm I'm carrying can have a chambered round. If I'm wrong, I need to know.

Your help is appreciated.

~Jason

Superlite27

imported post

?

An unloaded gun in just a really expensive paperweight.

Whenever I OC, I usually get the "are you a cop?" line, but every so often I'll get one of my biggest pet-peeves.....

"Is that loaded?"

I always want to say, "No, I plan on using it as something cool to throw at someone trying to shoot me."

...but then I realize that doing so wouldn't reflect well on open carriers, andI end up biting my tongue and responding politely.

My #1 pet-peeve is:

"Is that real?"

No. I purposefully bought an expensive holster and gun belt to carry something that presentsthe "appearance" of being able to defend myself, but without the value of actually being able to do so.

You will find no mention whatsoever of "loaded" vs, "unloaded" in Missouri state law. Probably because there's no point in it. I can never figure out why I read articles or watch reports in the news referring to a "loaded" gun. If it wasn't loaded, it really has no purpose. They don't refer to drunk drivers hitting people with "fully fuelled" cars, do they? What about stabbings with a "sharpened" knife?

An unloaded gun is a really expensive paperweight.

Article1section23

imported post

jasons wrote:
I understand I can open carry in certain cities throughout the state of Missouri. Where exactly can I find out if that weaponcan, or can not be loaded, (charged)?

I'm not looking for opinions, I'm looking for specific documentation.

I've recently been involved in a discussion regarding this question.All this time I've assumed the sidearm I'm carrying can have a chambered round. If I'm wrong, I need to know.

Your help is appreciated.

~Jason

Jason, you will have to research each jurisdiction that you will want to carry in, as there is no known depository of this information.

Contact your representative and ask them what they are going to do about this and how your rightcan be questionedsimply by walkingacross an imaginary line.

Willing to drive to Jeff City and testify against this?

brolin_1911a1

imported post

And come next election, remember that Sen. Goodman is the committee chair who refused to allow a bill that included legislative preemption of local carry regs to come to a floor vote this year and last. There are rumors that he has statewide political ambitions so make sure that his failure to allow that vote comes back to bite him.