• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

might be going to up north... Best rounds?

TOF

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
Evil in humans? True. It's in our nature.

Evil in animals? Can be taught. It might not be the animals fault, but still, there it is.

But at the same time, I hold the value of human life above that of animals, period.

I know that others look at things differently. That's OK.
Quite a few of those "Others" buy there red meat from a butcher shop so no animals have to be harmed.

imported post

TOF wrote:
Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
Evil in humans? True. It's in our nature.

Evil in animals? Can be taught. It might not be the animals fault, but still, there it is.

But at the same time, I hold the value of human life above that of animals, period.

I know that others look at things differently. That's OK.
Quite a few of those "Others" buy there red meat from a butcher shop so no animals have to be harmed.
I assume that was said with tongue firmly-in-cheek.

It is amazing to me (as someone who grew up hunting) how many people do not have a clue as to where the products they buy in grocery stores comes from (either vegetables, meats, dairy, or even processed foods).

McMagic Land, I guess.

TOF

imported post

I'm pleased to see at least one person understood what I was saying. I have done a bit of farming and hunting myself PPP.

Way too many think it all falls from the sky or grows on trees.

curtm1911

imported post

I'm sure your trip up North went well. When I go out in the woods of Northern Arizona, I carry my Redhawk .44, 5.5" barrel240 grn. Solids. That is my sidearm. I also sling my Mossberg 590 with SLUGS up first. I'm not hunting, just protecting. The Ruger is small enough to carry comfortably and the Mossberg is Comforting. Just my nickels worth of knowledge......adjusted for inflation.