Thread: Is there a National Empty Holster Day?

Post imported post

I cant find anything on the web about it. I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day. There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

If there is nothing, why dont we decide on a date and make it the soon to be official empty holster day.

Then we can work on National bring your gun to work day!!!!!

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I wear my holster all day every day.

If I go to the Town office that is publicly owned and tens of yards from our school building then my holster is empty.

Banned

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I cant find anything on the web about it.* I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day.* There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

If there is nothing, why dont we decide on a date and make it the soon to be official empty holster day.

I have dreamed about the same concept. I have some really nice leather I'd like to show off, and I DON'T THINK IT'S ILLEGAL ANYWHERE! Even with bullets in the gun belt - should be more fun than hanging a roasted turkey from a custom gun belt on Thanksgiving day ...

Gobble Gobble!

Banned

Post imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I cant find anything on the web about it.* I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day.* There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

A loaded revolver will protect you from than $%^& D&**^% Turkey!

I have dreamed about the same concept. I have some really nice leather I'd like to show off, and I DON'T THINK IT'S ILLEGAL ANYWHERE! Even with bullets in the gun belt - should be more fun than hanging a roasted turkey from a custom gun belt on Thanksgiving day ...

Gobble Gobble!

Banned

Post imported post

No such thing as empty holster day. No wonder you can't find it. Supreme oxymoron. No such thing, stupid. My big pistol will stuff your holster with big pistol love ....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sounds like a day when a lot of people will get attacked or robbed. No thanks.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I cant find anything on the web about it. I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day. There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

Believe that SCCC (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus) has discussed this possibility.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I'm partial to wearing my holster with a loaded firearm in it, everywhere I go. Perhaps I should get "American Express" engraved, since I don't leave home without it.

How about 'National Loaded Firearm in the Holster' day instead?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    I'm partial to wearing my holster with a loaded firearm in it, everywhere I go. Perhaps I should get "American Express" engraved, since I don't leave home without it.

How about 'National Loaded Firearm in the Holster' day instead?
    There are 365 of those every year in many states - it should be so in all.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Humor (if that) aside, the idea is to show support, educate and normalizecarry. College students did it to demonstrate that they do not have the option to carry. I can not carry while at work. I would be able to have an empty holster at work. I am sure that several people would ask me why. Thus giving me the opportunity to educate them on their rights.

Those of you that "carry everywhere" are lucky,many do not have that opportunity.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?