• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a National Empty Holster Day?

bigdaddy1

imported post

I cant find anything on the web about it. I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day. There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

If there is nothing, why dont we decide on a date and make it the soon to be official empty holster day.

Then we can work on National bring your gun to work day!!!!!

Bull Frog

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I cant find anything on the web about it.  I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day.  There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

If there is nothing, why dont we decide on a date and make it the soon to be official empty holster day.

I have dreamed about the same concept. I have some really nice leather I'd like to show off, and I DON'T THINK IT'S ILLEGAL ANYWHERE! Even with bullets in the gun belt - should be more fun than hanging a roasted turkey from a custom gun belt on Thanksgiving day ...

Gobble Gobble!

Bull Frog

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
I cant find anything on the web about it.  I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day.  There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

A loaded revolver will protect you from than $%^& D&**^% Turkey!

I have dreamed about the same concept. I have some really nice leather I'd like to show off, and I DON'T THINK IT'S ILLEGAL ANYWHERE! Even with bullets in the gun belt - should be more fun than hanging a roasted turkey from a custom gun belt on Thanksgiving day ...

Gobble Gobble!

Bull Frog

imported post

No such thing as empty holster day. No wonder you can't find it. Supreme oxymoron. No such thing, stupid. My big pistol will stuff your holster with big pistol love ....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I cant find anything on the web about it. I can find one for Talk like a Pirate, open toe shoes, etc... but cant find one for empty holster day. There was a few sites regarding a few colleges that were doing one to support concealed carry on campus.

Believe that SCCC (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus) has discussed this possibility.

Yata hey

NightOwl

imported post

I'm partial to wearing my holster with a loaded firearm in it, everywhere I go. Perhaps I should get "American Express" engraved, since I don't leave home without it.

How about 'National Loaded Firearm in the Holster' day instead?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
I'm partial to wearing my holster with a loaded firearm in it, everywhere I go. Perhaps I should get "American Express" engraved, since I don't leave home without it.

How about 'National Loaded Firearm in the Holster' day instead?
There are 365 of those every year in many states - it should be so in all.

Yata hey

bigdaddy1

imported post

Humor (if that) aside, the idea is to show support, educate and normalizecarry. College students did it to demonstrate that they do not have the option to carry. I can not carry while at work. I would be able to have an empty holster at work. I am sure that several people would ask me why. Thus giving me the opportunity to educate them on their rights.

Those of you that "carry everywhere" are lucky,many do not have that opportunity.