• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AG Eric Holder spills the beans on registration

carracer

imported post

"Just as we consider those people who kill doctors, nurses and even janitors in the name of god who say they are christian we just call CRAZY."

Wow! I hadn't considered that!Lately Ijust have been overlooking the countless times I've heard about Christians killing in the name of God!

okboomer

imported post

What did they call David Koresh?

Remember who the "homegrown terrorist" was? Timothy McVeigh.

I think the jury is still out on whether Hassan was simply crazy with a religous twist, or a religous fanatic committing an act of terror?

IMHO it will make a difference in how to handle his charges ... as far as I can tell, it looks like Hassan was radicalized and falls in the second category.

The disturbing issue is that BHO and EH will use this as an excuse to attack the 2A again. Our problem, as was with Janet Reno, is that we, the American people have no way to actually influence EH directly.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The really goofy twist in all this is that Holder is trying to say the whole thing was his idea and Obama didn't have anything to do with it.

HUH?

I went over my copy of the Constitution again and it says nothing about the President being Head of General Motors; nothing about being the Exchequer of Medicine; nothing about being Chief of Job Creation. Nothing, in fact, about him being in charge of anything he has put himself in charge of.

However it very plainly says that he is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. One of the few things he is actually supposed to be doing and what does he do in that capacity?? Dither, dither, dither and then pass the buck for dealing with high-profile unlawful combatant POWs to his Attorney General. Isn't there any way of getting rid of a nincompoop "president"?? Maybe we need to amend the Constitution to say a President shall be impeached for High Crimes, Misdemeanors and Gross Incompetence.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Maybe we need to amend the Constitution to say a President shall be impeached for High Crimes, Misdemeanors and Gross Incompetence.

I've been wondering aboutthis very question since January. He hasbeen proven completely incompetent in his duties as Commander in Chief and overstepped his "bounds" in more ways than I everimagined possible since he moved into public housing.

It isn't hard to prove he's been directly involved with more organized crime than Al Capone ever dreamed of controlling. He could even teach Lepke Buchalter, America's Most Ruthless Labor Racketeer a few tricks!!!

The sad thing is, This "Congress" would never impeach him, even if he pulled the trigger on the White House Lawn in front of a crowd of thousands along with TV and newspaper reporters in attendance.
His Holiness, Grand Exhalted, The Chosen One , Osamabamamama can do no wrong...

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Maybe we need to amend the Constitution to say a President shall be impeached for High Crimes, Misdemeanors and Gross Incompetence.

I've been wondering aboutthis very question since January. He hasbeen proven completely incompetent in his duties as Commander in Chief and overstepped his "bounds" in more ways than I everimagined possible since he moved into public housing.

It isn't hard to prove he's been directly involved with more organized crime than Al Capone ever dreamed of controlling. He could even teach Lepke Buchalter, America's Most Ruthless Labor Racketeer a few tricks!!!

The sad thing is, This "Congress" would never impeach him, even if he pulled the trigger on the White House Lawn in front of a crowd of thousands along with TV and newspaper reporters in attendance.
His Holiness, Grand Exhalted, The Chosen One , Osamabamamama can do no wrong...
Same has been said for every president in my lifetime. The Constitution is printed on the White House toilet paper because they know they will never suffer for their crimes.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Lets be honest, we know what Bush did wasn't working, and Obama inherited a shitty situation.

Unlike Bush, he actually has the Balls, (with a capitol B). To try and address domestic issues when Bush just used the war as an excuse to neglect/ignore them.
Domestic issues are the most dangerous (politically) to focus on.

He may be making some bad decisions, but he is MAKING DECISIONS.

That is something most people today, regardless of party, can't seem to do.

Because of this he has earned respect in my book.

Don't get it twisted though, that doesn't negate or diminish the lies and crimes he has committed.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Lets be honest, we know what Bush did wasn't working, and Obama inherited a @#$%ty situation.

Unlike Bush, he actually has the Balls, (with a capitol B). To try and address domestic issues when Bush just used the war as an excuse to neglect/ignore them.

Don't get it twisted though, that doesn't negate or diminish the lies and crimes he has committed.
Don't forget, W. Bush was THE DECIDER. He also made bad decisions (from our perspective, from his, I'm sure they were 100% in line with his devil-owned soul).

Dave Workman

imported post

well, let's see now.

Didn't care for Bush because he neglected domestic policy.
Well, he didn't pressure Congress to reinstate the AWB. He didn't blame our gun rights for crime in other countries.

I'd say that was something.
As for the economy, we never really did fully rebound from 9-11, and I don't think anybody could have dealt with that as efficiently as we all might have wanted.

Now, Obama...he's appointed every anti-gun whack job on the map to his cabinet and they have already started making noises about renewing the AWB and making it permanent.
Obama is on record opposed to CONCEALED CARRY...so how do you think he feels about OPEN CARRY?

In his stable he has Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Gil Kerlikowske, Rahm Emanuel, Janet Napolitano and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I wasn't too keen on GWB for the last couple of years of his admin. but if you guys think Obama will turn out better for your gun rights, good luck with that.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
"And Arlington Cemetery?? Isn't it bad enough that Ted Kennedy is in there??"

They desecrated sacred ground when they buried the Chappaquidick murderer there.
AMEN!!!
May I second that?
What is the federal crime for relieving myself on his grave?
It is bad enough I can't carry while in the presence of a murderer,
but don't want to add bad bladder control problems to my permit.
I never had a problem on other federal property with this, both noncom,
and officer were aware of me using a tree on federal property.:lol:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Not advocating crime or anything... I have an Arlington pass. My bladder is often overburdened when I visit relatives there. I've never been able to find a bathroom on the grounds, except for near the entrance.

Where is that bathroom facility with a senator's name on it again? I bet they have a map...

Gunslinger

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Lets be honest, we know what Bush did wasn't working, and Obama inherited a @#$%ty situation.

Where are his balls when he bows and scrapes to every two bit foreign leader? If he ever meets up with the former KGB head of the Russian "Republic" he'll probably kiss his ass.

Bad decisions are bad decisions. And he has put together the most corrupt regime in the country's history, with the possible exception of lbj. He deserves no respect from anyone. Just disdain at best, disgust at worse for the job he's done.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Armond Reese wrote:
TFred wrote:
Armond Reese wrote:
TFred wrote:
This clearly explains why the Obama administration refuses to call the Ft. Hood terrorist attack what it is. Instead they will use this incident as an excuse to impose a gun registration scheme on law-abiding Americans.

In some sick way, they must be thrilled at the opportunity. "Never waste a crisis."

Where's the "puke" icon?

TFred
Is every crazy who goes on a rampage a "terrorist attack"? Or is it just the Muslims?
Are you really sure you want to go here?

No, not just Muslims.

But Muslims,

Who have a clear history of bad-talking the USA in the guise of professional medical advice,
Who have been observed communicating dozens of times with radical Al-Qeuada clerics in Yemen,
Who have business cards which indicate "Soldier of Allah",
Who yell "Allah Akbar" as they carry out the well-planned murder of a dozen US Soldiers...

Yes, those Muslims are terrorists.

TFred
I'll accept that, so long as "Christians" who kill abortion doctors, and everyone associated with them to the thirtieth degree, the same way some of you condemn Muslims, are considered terrorists as well, when they do it "in the name of god"

Only if you show us passages in the Bible, which are not modified or outright changed by the New Testament, that allow for the same level of killing and murder that the Koran TELLS Muslims to do.... the short answer to my request is that you can't.

When you compare Christians to Muslims, you make a huge fatal error.... the Koran tells Muslims that killing infidels is good and that Allah actually commands it... while the Christian is told to turn the other cheek and love their enemy.... sure, both go to war and kill their enemy, but only one (the Christian) is actually disobeying their god.... so your comparison is not only invalid, it's dangerously and naively wrong.

Oh, and as for any registration that they might try, I think I'll just not comply. I've already got my SHTF buddy picked out and we're looking for larger groups to hunker down with if the door to door crap begins.... but until then.... we need someone to SUE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT over the federal background check.... it isn't Constitutional. This country is so "F'd" up! I mean seriously, people wonder why criminals are being pardoned.... its because we have TOO MANY CRIMES ON THE BOOKS.... fraud, theft and murder... that's it... everything else is total BS. Only reason this government claims they need a background check is to keep felons from having guns.... WELL DON'T LET AN ARMED ROBBEROR MURDEREROUT OF FRIGGIN JAIL MORONS!!! Background checks are not needed, proper sentences for crimes, and proper criminal codes are needed.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I would add this (must we? I suppose we must):

Whereas the Koran in places commands killing "unbelievers" generally, even in the Old Testament a massive general slaughter was only ordered on a specific population in a specific area and the reason was always given.

Perhaps more than a few of us know who Salman Rushdie is, and that he is under a fatwa commanding any Moslem who is able to kill him (as far as I know Christianity has never authorized putting out a general hit contract on an individual) to do so.

As to the reason for that fatwa, it is Rushdie's penning of a book called "the Satanic Verses". Now the "mainstream media" would have us believe that what prompted the outrage of the mullahs was the steamy sex in the book, etc. This is not the case.

"Satanic Verses" is a reference to a passage in the Koran that sorta seems to command the veneration of a trio of local goddesses. Mohammed wrote these verses into the Koran (so say critics) to save his skin when locals where he was staying took umbrage at his monotheism. Once safely out of sword-range he lamely explained that Satan had impersonated the Angel Gabriel and fooled him into including these "satanic verses". Rushdie is in hot fatwa - ter for pointing this out. And he would not dare enter a mosque today. He needs body guards..

Contrast this with the guy whatzisname who made an award-winning "artwork" by presenting a crucifix upside down in a jar of urine. Yet were he to enter a church and ask for help because he was starving, some Christian would give him food. We would certainly NOT MURDER HIM even though he has insulted our faith in a way that Rushdie never insulted Islam.

Cripes, guys. Can we now talk about 2A issues???

Capn Camo

imported post

This is how it started in Comminist Cuba, as told to me by a Cuban refugee.

First it was OK to own guns.
Then the Gubmint just said "register them"
Then one day, the knock on the door:

HAND THEM OVER

"Even Saturday Night Live cannot ignore the stench anymore; "

Theyre bending him over GOOD. Couldnt happen to a nicer guy.
ive NEVER seen SNL rip on ANYONE like they are nObama.

This is all about nObama being on the Security Council, its their Utopian dream to disarm the world. Then they control it!

Im told our PDs and Mil will NOT go along with it. Hell, that was tried in 1994.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:

Please don't tell me you're a cadet, we've already go way too damn many bed wetting PC thugs in the officer corps.