Thread: Utah Non Resident Permit

Post imported post

I'm an Illinois resident that visits familiy in Colorado frequently. I'm planning on exercising my freedom and open carrying in Colorado over my Christmas visit. My family is in El Paso county, so I guess I won't have to worry much about OCing there.

However, I'm in the process of getting my Utah CCW permit. Was wondering if this non-resident permit is accepted in CO now? I've seen several websites conflict. Half say they don't accept the non-resident Utah permit in CO, the other half says its accepted.

Thanks guys

Post imported post

I can tell you with 100% certainty that non-resident CCW permits (no matter what state) are NOT honored by Colorado. Keep that gun uncovered while you're here.

Post imported post

Colorado does not accept any non-resident CCWs. OC is your only option.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

Thanks, I appreciate it guys.

Post imported post

Pecker wrote:
    I've seen several websites conflict. Half say they don't accept the non-resident Utah permit in CO, the other half says its accepted.
    http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.aspis the official website. Nonrez permits were recognized here until 2007, so the pages that state they are acceptedare simply obsolete.

But you can OC in El Paso county, or anywhere else outside Denver, and you can keep a loaded pistolin your vehicle anywhere in Colorado.