• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Non Resident Permit

Pecker

imported post

I'm an Illinois resident that visits familiy in Colorado frequently. I'm planning on exercising my freedom and open carrying in Colorado over my Christmas visit. My family is in El Paso county, so I guess I won't have to worry much about OCing there.

However, I'm in the process of getting my Utah CCW permit. Was wondering if this non-resident permit is accepted in CO now? I've seen several websites conflict. Half say they don't accept the non-resident Utah permit in CO, the other half says its accepted.

Thanks guys

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I can tell you with 100% certainty that non-resident CCW permits (no matter what state) are NOT honored by Colorado. Keep that gun uncovered while you're here.

Anubis

imported post

Pecker wrote:
I've seen several websites conflict. Half say they don't accept the non-resident Utah permit in CO, the other half says its accepted.
http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.aspis the official website. Nonrez permits were recognized here until 2007, so the pages that state they are acceptedare simply obsolete.

But you can OC in El Paso county, or anywhere else outside Denver, and you can keep a loaded pistolin your vehicle anywhere in Colorado.