• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our new website - feedback requested!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Today, Proactive Shooters launched its' new website. I have spent the better part of the day tweaking it and I'm sure that I've missed a few things. I'm still working on the Google calendar section.

I would like it if you guys could check out the site and provide some feedback. If you notice anything that needs to be fixed, just shoot me a pm.

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Unless I somehow missed it, nowhere does the site state the fact that you do not allow ammunition in any of your classes.

Given that Bass Pro Shops allows lawful carry - open or concealed - while shopping, the ban on ammunition in the classroom forces a student to either return to their car and secure their handgun (generally not an acceptable option) or to return to their car to unload and then return to the classroom (a PITA trip).

It's your class and you can set whatever rules you want. I just think you should give students advance notice of the rules so they cancomply with them without additional inconvenience.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

vt357 wrote:
I found a major problem... the cycling image of various handguns doesn't include a Glock! ;)
No BFR either. How can you have handgun training without a real handgun:lol:

ProShooter

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Unless I somehow missed it, nowhere does the site state the fact that you do not allow ammunition in any of your classes.

Given that Bass Pro Shops allows lawful carry - open or concealed - while shopping, the ban on ammunition in the classroom forces a student to either return to their car and secure their handgun (generally not an acceptable option) or to return to their car to unload and then return to the classroom (a PITA trip).

It's your class and you can set whatever rules you want. I just think you should give students advance notice of the rules so they cancomply with them without additional inconvenience.

stay safe.

skidmark
You are both correct, and incorrect....

The website does not say anything about the "no ammo in class policy". There's a reason for that.Often times,students register 30-60 days in advance. Asking them to remember such a policy that far ahead of time is setting everyone up for failure.

We do however have the "no ammo in class"policy listed in:

- the brochures that we distribute at Bass Pro

- the emails that we send to each student several days before the class

- the classroom policy form attached to that email which each student is asked to read and sign.

So, they are notified, twice at minimum. Then, when they walk in they are asked if the firearm they have has any live ammo. Then, before I start the class I ask about live ammo. Often times, after taking a break, I ask if anyone picked up any live ammo while on break.

ProShooter

imported post

vt357 wrote:
I found a major problem... the cycling image of various handguns doesn't include a Glock! ;)

I agree vt357!

In all fairness, I did give the designers several images (including Glocks) and they chose those that displayed best from the given angle. I had some beautiful Glock images but none that fit what they thought would work best.

simmonsjoe

imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
The one north of richmond asks you to check all guns at the service desk when you enter.
I assume this is just for people who may be shopping for accessories for that gun and mostly for people with long guns and whatnot. I assume they wouldn't have a problem with OC or CCing a pistol in a holster. I just CC and don't ask, as is my policy.

ProShooter

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
The one north of richmond asks you to check all guns at the service desk when you enter.
I assume this is just for people who may be shopping for accessories for that gun and mostly for people with long guns and whatnot. I assume they wouldn't have a problem with OC or CCing a pistol in a holster. I just CC and don't ask, as is my policy.
That sign is not for guns that you are carrying on your person, per se. Its for guns that may be cased, for example being returned, repaired, etc. A gun you carry for self-defense does not need to be checked.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I had some beautiful Glock images but none that fit what they thought would work best.
Yeah they were probably too ugly :p

j/k there's nothing wrong with Glocks, I'll admit it :cool:

darthmord

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
vt357 wrote:
Thats a PLUS!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
No love for the finest handgun on the market.....I see how it is! :)
Hardly the finest. I've seen some beautiful HKs, Kimbers, Springfields and so forth. They even shoot good too. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
vt357 wrote:
Thats a PLUS!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
No love for the finest handgun on the market.....I see how it is! :)
You're right. They are fine guns. I plan to use one this weekend to squirt Tinks Scrapemaker (Diluted) all over a bunch of dogs.:lol: