• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

racial profiling

TehGruu

imported post

When I am aweek past due on a haircut and shave, I'm sure I look creepy. Lol, one time I was looking haggard and was a little sleep deprived on top of that and stopped in a convienence store. I was returning from a journey to see my mom and the store was in a bad part of town. There were bars on the windows and the whole deal. When I walked in I was the only white guy. The rest were black and a couple looked like the thug type. I don't know if I gave one of those looks when I walked in, but they all were joking when I opened the door and stopped talking immediatly when I entered and made sure to give me a wide berth. Lol, I'm like 5'8" and a buck 60 on a good day andtheyall werescared of me. It was surreal to say the least.

-Gruu

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TehGruu wrote:
When I am aweek past due on a haircut and shave, I'm sure I look creepy. Lol, one time I was looking haggard and was a little sleep deprived on top of that and stopped in a convienence store. I was returning from a journey to see my mom and the store was in a bad part of town. There were bars on the windows and the whole deal. When I walked in I was the only white guy. The rest were black and a couple looked like the thug type. I don't know if I gave one of those looks when I walked in, but they all were joking when I opened the door and stopped talking immediatly when I entered and made sure to give me a wide berth. Lol, I'm like 5'8" and a buck 60 on a good day andtheyall werescared of me. It was surreal to say the least.

-Gruu
People do fear that which they neither know nor understand., at different levels perhaps - you had their attention. Nothing wrong with that.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TehGruu wrote:

-Gruu
They were probably telling jokes about YOU, or bad mouthing you, until you walked in. :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
TehGruu wrote:

-Gruu
They were probably telling jokes about YOU, or bad mouthing you, until you walked in. :uhoh:
Likely continued to do so after your departure until they had adequately elevated their opinion of their own self-worth. :)

Yata hey

TehGruu

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
TehGruu wrote:

-Gruu
Likely continued to do so after your departure until they had adequately elevated their opinion of their own self-worth. :)

Yata hey

Lol, probably! I still got a kick out of it though. ;)

-Gruu