• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

Eryk

imported post

This makes me sick.........read on

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment

conservative85

imported post

I find it odd that we can bomb, maim, and kill but lord don't treat the enemy combatant with disrespect.

conservative85

imported post

Eryk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Off-topic thread, fellas.

Is there another place to post this ?
I think this is very on topic, if they can prosecute a soldier for doing his job, think of how long before they prosecute citizens for defending themselves.

I can imagine a trial where a citizen is on the stand because he shot a criminal, wounded him then sat on the suspect till police arrived and gets charged for holding him against his will, or they say that you caused him unnecessary pain by sitting on a person with a gun shot wound, inflicting more pain (torture).

Notice how we went from soldiers fighting a war giving no aid & comfort to the ENEMY, to a police situation, restraining our troop, giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

:banghead:

Eryk

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Eryk wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I think this is very on topic, if they can prosecute a soldier for doing his job, think of how long before they prosecute citizens for defending themselves.

I can imagine a trial where a citizen is on the stand because he shot a criminal, wounded him then sat on the suspect till police arrived and gets charged for holding him against his will, or they say that you caused him unnecessary pain by  sitting on a person with a gun shot wound, inflicting more pain (torture).

Notice how we went from soldiers fighting a war giving no aid & comfort to  the ENEMY, to a police situation, restraining our troop, giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

Very well said thank you, I was beginning to wonder if anyone gave a damn. Thank you

conservative85

imported post

Eryk wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
Eryk wrote:
Citizen wrote:

I can imagine a trial where a citizen is on the stand because he shot a criminal, wounded him then sat on the suspect till police arrived and gets charged for holding him against his will, or they say that you caused him unnecessary pain by sitting on a person with a gun shot wound, inflicting more pain (torture).

Notice how we went from soldiers fighting a war giving no aid & comfort to the ENEMY, to a police situation, restraining our troop, giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

Very well said thank you, I was beginning to wonder if anyone gave a damn.
Your welcome, I appreciate your concern for Our brothers in arms, and your patriotism.

This is a topic that enrages me to no end. I being former Military Police know all to well what happens when politics are involved. In this war it should be fought as one. There should be no rules in this war, least not with an enemy that does NOT fall under Geneva Convention, they should have no protection from the rules, and should be executed on the spot. It is them or us, this is a war of self preservation.

Eryk

imported post

I completely agree with you. I to was in the military and for the brass not to have our soldiers backs is ludicrous and disrespects all our soldiers in uniform.

EDA50

imported post

They do prosicute people in Britain if they injure thieves while commiting crimes. If they can get there, we could too. Easily.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is always possible the arrestee was abused. It may be a valid charge. We just don't know, yet.

Kitkin

imported post

Totally Disgusting and a slap in the face of Americas finest

conservative85

imported post

Citizen wrote:
It is always possible the arrestee was abused. It may be a valid charge. We just don't know, yet.
With all due respect he was not arrested he was captured on the battle field, he is not aforted rights like an American citizen, or even a person under the Geneva convention.

The Govt. is treating this guy like a victim and not a terrorist. but if he was caught back when he committed this crime he would not have been put on trial for his act, he would have been put on trail for his acts against America.

I mean he would not have been put on trial for dragging them around the street, before he killed them, so why are we putting ours on trial for punching. The guy should be glad he was not shot on site. If we keep punishing the men and women for doing their job, they will stop volunteering for the job.

Can you imagine every time a soldier was charged we'd have stop pull him off the battle field gather witnesses, try to find evidence blah blah blah.

Eryk

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
It is always possible the arrestee was abused.  It may be a valid charge.  We just don't know, yet.
   With all due respect he was not arrested he was captured on the battle field, he is not aforted rights like an American citizen, or even a person under the Geneva convention.

The Govt. is treating this guy like a victim and not a terrorist.  but if he was caught  back when he committed this crime he would not have been put on trial for his act, he would have been put on trail for his acts against America.

I mean he would not have been put on trial for dragging them around the street,  before he killed them, so why are we putting ours on trial for punching. The guy should be glad he was not shot on site. If we keep punishing the men and women for doing their job, they will stop volunteering for the job.

Can you imagine every time a soldier was charged we'd have stop pull him off the battle field gather witnesses, try to find evidence blah blah blah.

that's exactly right

I'll say it again we are at WAR with these people.

G

imported post

Eryk wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
Citizen wrote:

The Govt. is treating this guy like a victim and not a terrorist. but if he was caught back when he committed this crime he would not have been put on trial for his act, he would have been put on trail for his acts against America.

I mean he would not have been put on trial for dragging them around the street, before he killed them, so why are we putting ours on trial for punching. The guy should be glad he was not shot on site. If we keep punishing the men and women for doing their job, they will stop volunteering for the job.

that's exactly right

I'll say it again we are at WAR with these people.
These aren't people. They are a sub-human culture that is hell bent on killing every single one of us infidels.

To keep this on topic, I open carry a pistol and if someone yells allah akbar around me he will get shot. Because I am fearful of what I know is coming next.

Our Marines should be allowed to kick down doors and eradicate this scum without having to consult with a JAG or reading Miranda.

Kill 'em all. Let allah sort 'em out!