• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to LP Executive Director and Whole Foods

Pace

imported post

Wes,

I hope that all is well over at the Libertarian Party.

I wanted to share an incident that I had at Whole Foods – I’ve been a shopper at whole foods for years, because of a variety reasons, including John Mackey’s support of our Freedoms in this Country. I also have been told by various managers and the corporate office in the past, that as a gun-rights supporter, and an open carry supporter, that they welcome[/i] my patronage.

However, in the Phoenix area, the local Whole Foods have changed their policy, without any announcement, making it so that I can no longer enter Whole Foods while carrying a firearm. In fact, all over the valley, they now have large signs that declare that there are no firearms allowed, and when I entered a local Whole Foods I was told that I was “no longer welcome” and that Whole Foods had become a “gun-free” establishment.

I would like to remind Whole Foods and especially their Libertarian CEO the following facts:
- CCW Permit Holders, undergo FBI background checks, have no history of mental illness and are required to be trained in the usage of firearms.
- Legal Gun Owners do not commit crimes in this country, but Criminals do.
- Open Carry is legal in many states, and is protected by both the Arizona Constitution and the US Constitution.

While Whole Foods has a right to ban firearms in their establishment, they are unfortunately also banning law-abiding citizens who could come to the aid incase a situation would arise. The only people who will be carrying weapons into Whole Foods in Phoenix will be the criminals, who now will know they are an easy target. A “no firearms” allowed sign is a “Rob me please” sign!

I urge Whole Foods to reconsider this and immediately make it clear that I am once again welcome at Whole Foods.

Best wishes,

Pace Lattin
LP Lifetime Member
NRA Lifetime Member
GOA Lifetime Member

kenpoprofessor

imported post

I'd love to see the response to this, and thank you for stepping up. I haven't been in a Whole Foods store since I've been here, but with a "gun free zone", I'm not going at all now.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Pace

imported post

Thank you, if you are not already a member of the Libertarian PArty, I would urge you to join.

I am a Lifetime member of the LP for the reason that it allows people of different beliefs and freedom of all causes, based on the principle that less government is better. It doesn't address "moral" issues, and says those are best left for families to decide in the privacy of their own home.