Thread: michigan open carry inc and starlite cab adopt a family for christmas

Post imported post

my cab company has decided to adopt a needy family for Christmas and I decided to do it in conjunction with michigan open carry I have a few Ideas but am open to other peoples Idea.I would like to see this spread through th state if enough us volunteer or donate something we could make some needy family's life a little easier during the holidays.

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    my cab company has decided to adopt a needy family for Christmas and I decided to do it in conjunction with michigan open carry I have a few Ideas but am open to other peoples Idea.I would like to see this spread through th state if enough us volunteer or donate something we could make some needy family's life a little easier during the holidays.
    Gordon, that's a very nice thing to do, especially during the holidays.

But, how does a person/group/organization determine which family(ies) receive the donations/food?

Post imported post

I did this last year and asked people to nominate some one they knew or a family they knew of. We received a list of 5 familys and then narrowed it down to the one we gave 2>Everyone knows some one in need during the holiday season

gordon

Banned

Post imported post

Ya especially here in Michigan. Half the state falls in the needy category.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    MOC, Inc. will help. Perhaps we can buy the kids some air soft guns. Never too early to teach safe firearm handling.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

already in the works on the airsoft gun. Brilliant minds think alike!!!

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    Oh God, I'm starting to think like cabman!!!!!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    cabman1 wrote:
    Oh no! We might have to vote you out of your "President's seat" for the sake of the movement!!!

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    cabman1 wrote:
    Oh no! We might have to vote you out of your "President's seat" for the sake of the movement!!!
    Like that hasn't been proposed before.

Post imported post

I found a family here in jackson so theres one down .Now lets look around in a different area for another one .I figure 2 or 3 familys wouldnt hurt.

Post imported post

the people that have been adopted in jackson is a single mother with 2 boys 7 and 14

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    the people that have been adopted in jackson is a single mother with 2 boys 7 and 14
    I understand why we might want to help several families, but why not just help out one family and make it a great Christmas for them?

If we spread ourselves too thin, we may not help any one family very much. Just asking.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    cabman1 wrote:
    I understand why we might want to help several families, but why not just help out one family and make it a great Christmas for them?

If we spread ourselves too thin, we may not help any one family very much.* Just asking.

I understand so lets just concentrate on this family and make it a wonderfull christmas for them!!

Post imported post

I hope I'm the family in Jackson!

Post imported post

My christmas list is very short

Glock 36 W/3 Magazines, And a Fobus Holster for it. Cabman1 make it happen for me Santa.

Post imported post

Ok let's get back to the goal. Cabman is donating money from his company and MOC will be donating money as well. If anyone would like to help, send a check made out toMichigan Open Carry, Inc.to

MOC, Inc.
    5806 High St.
    Bath, MI 48808

Be sure to indicate on the check or money order that it's for the Xmas Family.

Post imported post

ttt

Post imported post

Just a 'heads up' about something you may not be aware of. It is a good idea to contact the family ahead of time and ask them if they would like help. In Michigan, if a family receives help from an 'outside' source and they also receive assistance from the goverment, they LOSE their goverment assistance by accepting the 'outside' assistance. YEAH, I agree, it's (fill in your adjective, dumb, stupid, ridiculous...). But, that is the way it works.

Post imported post

Please contact cabman so you can send a check to help this family out for Christmas. MOC, Inc. is donating $50. Cash or presents for a 16, a 13 and an 11 year old, all girls.