• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

michigan open carry inc and starlite cab adopt a family for christmas

cabman1

imported post

my cab company has decided to adopt a needy family for Christmas and I decided to do it in conjunction with michigan open carry I have a few Ideas but am open to other peoples Idea.I would like to see this spread through th state if enough us volunteer or donate something we could make some needy family's life a little easier during the holidays.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
my cab company has decided to adopt a needy family for Christmas and I decided to do it in conjunction with michigan open carry I have a few Ideas but am open to other peoples Idea.I would like to see this spread through th state if enough us volunteer or donate something we could make some needy family's life a little easier during the holidays.

Gordon, that's a very nice thing to do, especially during the holidays.

But, how does a person/group/organization determine which family(ies) receive the donations/food?

cabman1

imported post

I did this last year and asked people to nominate some one they knew or a family they knew of. We received a list of 5 familys and then narrowed it down to the one we gave 2>Everyone knows some one in need during the holiday season

gordon

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
MOC, Inc. will help. Perhaps we can buy the kids some air soft guns. Never too early to teach safe firearm handling.

cabman1

imported post

I found a family here in jackson so theres one down .Now lets look around in a different area for another one .I figure 2 or 3 familys wouldnt hurt.

Venator

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
the people that have been adopted in jackson is a single mother with 2 boys 7 and 14
I understand why we might want to help several families, but why not just help out one family and make it a great Christmas for them?

If we spread ourselves too thin, we may not help any one family very much. Just asking.

cabman1

imported post

Venator wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
the people that have been adopted in jackson is a single mother with 2 boys 7 and 14
I understand why we might want to help several families, but why not just help out one family and make it a great Christmas for them?

If we spread ourselves too thin, we may not help any one family very much.  Just asking.

I understand so lets just concentrate on this family and make it a wonderfull christmas for them!!

Venator

imported post

Ok let's get back to the goal. Cabman is donating money from his company and MOC will be donating money as well. If anyone would like to help, send a check made out toMichigan Open Carry, Inc.to

MOC, Inc.
5806 High St.
Bath, MI 48808

Be sure to indicate on the check or money order that it's for the Xmas Family.

mouse

imported post

Just a 'heads up' about something you may not be aware of. It is a good idea to contact the family ahead of time and ask them if they would like help. In Michigan, if a family receives help from an 'outside' source and they also receive assistance from the goverment, they LOSE their goverment assistance by accepting the 'outside' assistance. YEAH, I agree, it's (fill in your adjective, dumb, stupid, ridiculous...). But, that is the way it works.

Venator

imported post

Please contact cabman so you can send a check to help this family out for Christmas. MOC, Inc. is donating $50. Cash or presents for a 16, a 13 and an 11 year old, all girls.