• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

37th District Republican Primary

VApatriot

imported post

This is a reminder for anyone who lives in the 37th State Senate district.A Republican primary is being held at Centreville High School on 12/01/09 between 6:00 and 10:00pm. More info here: http://www.stevehunt.org/news.php?id=5329

I'm not sure if VCDL is going to give an endorsement for this primary, but Steve Hunt has already received the endorsement of another pro-gun group, the Virginia Gun Owners Coalition. http://www.ammoland.com/2009/11/23/is-anyone-pro-gun-in-virginia/

I honestly don't know much ofanything about this group (I think they might be related to GOA), but they say the other two Republican candidates failed to complete their survey. Steve Hunt on the other hand has gone out of his way to prove his loyalty to gun owners.

Turnout is always key in primaries, so if you are in the 37th district, please try to make it out next Tuesday.

Coolman

imported post

By there web sight the other 2 just give lip service to Second Amendment

nova

imported post

why can't we have elections at the district gov't centers or public libraries? I'm so sick of having to give up one right to exercise another!

I'll try my best to do my part for Steve Hunt. I first met him at the Gun Rights Week at GMU when Larry Pratt, John Lott, and Philip Van Cleave came to speak.

Hmm hard to believe it's been that long already, it was around that time I joined OCDO and made it to my first oc dinner in Vienna.

ETA: the point of my blabbering post is that I've seen Steve Hunt at VCDL meetings and events since Spring '08. :)

hunter45

imported post

Someone hung a flyer on my front door for a candidate (I don't remember her name) and they stuck a post it note on it that said "To VCDL Member" or something like that. So I'm guessing they are endorsing her. I will be at school on December 1st so I won't be able to vote.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So...how do they know that you are a VCDL member? I wouldn't think that VCDL would ever sell or release their member list.

hunter45

imported post

Toad wrote:
So...how do they know that you are a VCDL member? I wouldn't think that VCDL would ever sell or release their member list.

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know who handed these out?

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Toad wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know who handed these out?
Our membership list is carefully guarded and not for sale. Even the printer who does our newsletter has to sign a confidentiality agreement.

VApatriot

imported post

nova wrote:
why can't we have elections at the district gov't centers or public libraries? I'm so sick of having to give up one right to exercise another!

I couldn't agree more. I would really like to see this change very soon. The logical solution would be to get rid of the useless "gun free zones", but if politicians are unwilling to stick their necks out by "jeopardising the safety of thechildren" the very least that should be done is to have the law state that all polling places respect all our rights.

hunter45

imported post

Two guys in a station wagon were driving around and putting flyers for Horinko on doors in my neighborhood today. On my flyer they wrote "love the gun sticker" (they were referring to the GSL sticker on the truck sitting in front of my house). :)

nova

imported post

I just read the link (Steve Hunt's page).

FWIW, I am not signing any pledge to support Republicans in the future. I do not affiliate myself with any political party and will not sign my name and pledge to blindly vote for a candidate because some political party says to. Guess I won't be voting tomorrow...

Good luck Mr. Hunt, you'll have my support during the special election.

VApatriot

imported post

nova wrote:
I just read the link (Steve Hunt's page).

FWIW, I am not signing any pledge to support Republicans in the future. I do not affiliate myself with any political party and will not sign my name and pledge to blindly vote for a candidate because some political party says to. Guess I won't be voting tomorrow...

Good luck Mr. Hunt, you'll have my support during the special election.
My understanding is that you will onlybe pledging to support the candidate thatyou are voting for in the primary and also vote for them in the special election if they receive the nomination. This is an attempt to keep out people who have no intention of voting forwhatever Republican is running againstthe Democratic candidateand only wish to tip the nomination to a weaker Republicancandidate. I do not believe you will be required to commit to the Republican party for the rest of your life. If that is what ismeant by this pledge, I would not sign it either.

bohdi

imported post

I do not believe you will be required to commit to the Republican party for the rest of your life.
That is not only correct, but completely unenforcable. When was the last time someone stood over your shoulder when you voted, or demanded to know who you voted for, or demanded you to show proof that is indeed who you voted for????

Show up and make it count.

nova

imported post

bohdi wrote:
I do not believe you will be required to commit to the Republican party for the rest of your life.
That is not only correct, but completely unenforcable. When was the last time someone stood over your shoulder when you voted, or demanded to know who you voted for, or demanded you to show proof that is indeed who you voted for????

Show up and make it count.
With certain people in DC these days, who knows who'll be watching you as you vote :uhoh:

But if what you say is true then I'll try and make it out there tonight.

bohdi

imported post

Come out and see me Nova and we'll talk about it. It will make sense :) I'll have the orange Guns Saves Lives button and empty holster. Maybe I'll pack a plastic neon yellow squirt gun just because if I can find one in the kids toybox :)