• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry

blowfish852252000

imported post

Well today I decided since i was feeling better and I can get out of house after my surgery i went to the bellis fair mall and had my glock 19 covered by my jacket as i went in to the mall. I got hot so i decided to take my coat off as it was not very busy there. like i said before I worked there and have not seen any signs posted. security walked by a dozen times customers walking by me never said anything. So i hope this is a good thing and i hope there will not be any problems in future.

Magister

imported post

Im actually surprised that security didnt go batcrap crazy! I used to work security there and ALL GGP properties are considered "gun free zones". When I worked I heard about an OCer getting booted from the western store/mall that used to be at the Sears exit. Go figure, a lot of these mall shootings happen on GGP property. :banghead:

Im guessing nobody noticed... or atleast nobody stupid noticed. Maybe not the best sign of the current crop there though. Supposed to be observant. ;)

blowfish852252000

imported post

I worked security there too. if you have seen the security officers now maybe they just stupid and not doing there job to observe and detect. i only seen one security officer and that was it GGP if they are a weapon free zone they need to post a sign so that all the public can see it other than the back of a soda pop machine????? so as to security noticing me carry i have no clue but if he did he should have done his job and challenged me asking why I was carrying. but I think maybe we should figure out this Bellis fair no guns allowed policy and maybe us guys get together and do some Xmas shopping there OC. Just to see how it goes......Any one game

Magister

imported post

Im pretty sure the mall up here doesnt have a single "no guns" sign. Its just a company policy that just so happens to NOT be listed anywhere. Believe me, its screwy. Mind if I ask when you worked there Blowfish? Maybe we actually know each other?

cdjspider

imported post

I've OC'd there a few times myself and never had a problem with security or anyone. I know security saw me once as I walked by because we both made eye contact and then his eyes went huge as he saw my gun, I just smiled and kept walking, never heard from the police or security after that ether.

amlevin

imported post

Magister wrote:
Im pretty sure the mall up here doesnt have a single "no guns" sign. Its just a company policy that just so happens to NOT be listed anywhere. Believe me, its screwy. Mind if I ask when you worked there Blowfish? Maybe we actually know each other?
Maybe everyone is confusing the Employee Policy banning guns with a purported general gun ban on the property. Most, yet not all, retailers are not going to go out of their way to piss off customers. This usually happens when some "empowered" employee decides to demonstrate that newfound authority.