• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning an OC event in VA and have some questions

bohdi

imported post

You answer my questions about what your measurement of success is, and I'll give you my POC information. Otherwise you are being silly and we will be reading about you in the Washingtonpost four months from now.

Lighteye

imported post

peter nap wrote:
bohdi wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Perhaps starting local to change the things in GA is a better avenue....get your local state laws fixed first and then maybe work on the bigger picture? You state constitution is every bit as important.It also doesn't require you to come up here and booger up what we are trying to achive. It might also save you a night in the pokey.
+2
I expect that kind of thing from someone from Florida (South Bronx) but Georgia should have better manners.
Take a lesson from Montana. Get the state in order before taking on the Feds. Then you can smack the Hell out if them.
The South Bronx? That was written in either ignorance or poor taste :(

Lighteye

imported post

peter nap wrote:

My response wouldn't have as diplomatic.
What he is thinking about is admirable. It seems like we are in a constant state of protest.
There are intelligent and effective protests, and then there are ineffective and ill conceived protests. I've been in both.

How he protests is really his business except he wants to do it in my back yard and won't take "I don't like it" as an answer. He wants to be pushy about it.
Further, he knows more than anyone else. Virginia doesn't know what they're doing, Montana doesn't know what they're doing ...in fact, the only one that has a clue is him and his cronies. That coming from someone that wouldn't be allowed to conduct that type of protest in his own state.

Then he demand everyone give him their name rank and serial number, and posts his information as incentive. I don't give a damn who he is. His protest is the issue. The Neo Nazie's and the Ku Kluz Klan have been parading around in uniform, trying to put the fear of God and ignorance in the government for many years.
The only thing they've accomplished is a basket full of new laws.

He reminds me of the people who move to the country to get away from the burbs, then start demanding a Walmart.

What he's proposing is in essence, showing Congress how tough they are. Ineffective and counterproductive and politically dangerous.

So the tally is:

+1 for being an activist
+1 for trying to bring the Government in line
+1 for his effort
-3 for not thinking about the efforts of his brethren
-1 for being a PITA in someone else s woods.
There is so much apathy, cowardice, and failure here, that I think the battle's lost before it begins. I believe BarelyIllegal was attempting something positive, but the forum members here are apparently of the "Not In My Back Yard" variety of protesters. I have ZERO regard for NIMBY folks, as they will ride the slippery slope down into the pit and you'll serve on your knees.

I see the OPs position clearly, and have since made direct contact with him.

Nothing we have done as protest has worked. NOTHING. A million patriots made it into DC..and the story was BURIED.

The MSM has made it a point to focus intently on the OCers at rallies and meetings nationwide, so why not give them focus overload? Legal and eye opening, it might spur others into action and kick some folks into wakefulness.

A lot of cowardice on display in this thread, and I am not impressed. Your forefathers would be ashamed. I hopped into this fray after having read a lot of inflammatory posts. Keyboard commandos and cowardly. Too bad. Apathy like what has been displayed here is the reason we are in this mess.

Tomahawk

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Whoever from the Virginia "gun rights" or "open carry" community is asking me not to do what I've outlined in bold above, I ask that you identify yourselves by name and position, if applicable, so thatI may weigh such "mannerly" considerations. I'm identifying myself here as Daniel Almond, danieljalmond2004@gmail.com, 404-788-9735.

I'mconsidering Gravelly Point. I've sent in permit application paperwork for 19 April 2010. Maybe Gravelly will work, maybe it won't.Maybe I'll bother with posting a more "PC" post on here for the event, maybe I won't.

So far, no emails, no phone calls, and no posters identifying themselves by name in response to this. I've got my phone on me today, but I'll be in meetings today from about 4:15 to about 7:30 PM. I am curious to know if anyone in the VA gun rights community will voice any opposition, publicly and by name,to what I am putting together.

Anyone?........Anyone?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.
So you poste your info online. So what. Nobody owes you anything, and you've made a complete ass of yourself for demanding people's personal info, and then using their desire for privacy as some sort of indicator of their commitment.

Tomahawk

imported post

Lighteye wrote:
There is so much apathy, cowardice, and failure here, that I think the battle's lost before it begins. I believe BarelyIllegal was attempting something positive, but the forum members here are apparently of the "Not In My Back Yard" variety of protesters. I have ZERO regard for NIMBY folks, as they will ride the slippery slope down into the pit and you'll serve on your knees.

Nothing we have done as protest has worked. NOTHING. A million patriots made it into DC..and the story was BURIED.

The MSM has made it a point to focus intently on the OCers at rallies and meetings nationwide, so why not give them focus overload? Legal and eye opening, it might spur others into action and kick some folks into wakefulness.

A lot of cowardice on display in this thread, and I am not impressed. Your forefathers would be ashamed. I hopped into this fray after having read a lot of inflammatory posts. Keyboard commandos and cowardly. Too bad. Apathy like what has been displayed here is the reason we are in this mess.

Good for you. You "hopped into the fray" to straigten us all out by calling us cowards?

bohdi

imported post

Welcome to the board and the thread Lighteye. Nice way to make friends.

The problem is one of perception. You and Barely percieve that your way is the only way to victory. It's also apparent that what you have been doing hasn't been effective and now you are switching gears to go into more extreme methods of getting attention. As I have said before, you'll get attention alright, lol.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lighteye wrote:
...SNIP

SNIP...

So can we presume that your actual name is "Lighteye" and that you are perhaps American Indian? I also presume your next post will include your address, telephone number and other personal information. After all if you agree with Barely Illegal and think everyone else cowards, then that should be your proof of sincerity right?

No? I didn't think so. You did not even have the guts to put your location in your brand spanking new user account. Me thinks I smell SPAM cooking.

"Go away boy you bother me" - W.C. Fields

ODA 226

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Lighteye wrote:
...SNIP

SNIP...

So can we presume that your actual name is "Lighteye" and that you are perhaps American Indian? I also presume your next post will include your address, telephone number and other personal information. After all if you agree with Barely Illegal and think everyone else cowards, then that should be your proof of sincerity right?

No? I didn't think so. You did not even have the guts to put your location in your brand spanking new user account. Me thinks I smell SPAM cooking.

Lighteye IS Barely Illegal. Wanna bet it's the same IP?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

So far, no emails, no phone calls, and no posters identifying themselves by name in response to this. I've got my phone on me today, but I'll be in meetings today from about 4:15 to about 7:30 PM. I am curious to know if anyone in the VA gun rights community will voice any opposition, publicly and by name,to what I am putting together.

Anyone?........Anyone?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.
Give it a rest Jr!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Lighteye wrote:
Yep!
I'd bet trolls or just stupid, but in either case he just blew his chance at greatness.

You two/one whatever, just went on the ignore the @#$% list.

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Lighteye wrote:
...SNIP

SNIP...

I don't play games like that, we're two different people with different IP's. I'm not the only on board with this. There are several of us, in multiple states, including Virginia. Out of consideration for members of this forum, I've been up front with what I'm planning and invited anyone on here to voice opposition publicly and by name. None have done so.

At this point, we're planning to have a "Restore the Constitution" rally on 19 April at a carry-legal location as close to DC as possible. We intend to obey all laws and openlycommunicate withlaw enforcement and local government in order to make sure things go as smoothely as possible. Maybe we'll be able to do it at Gravelly Point; maybe we won't. If we can't do Gravelly, then we'll fall back to another alternate location, but that location will be as close to DC as possible

I have spelled out what I (and a growing number of likeminded constitutionalists)hope to accomplish, why we're doing this and solicited the opinions of those willing to identify themselves and where they satnd.

Despite being insulted, accused of posting as two different people, etc., I still welcome truly constructive input from anyone here who has serious input. Toillustrate a little more on the need for the type of gathering/ demonstration I am working on, I'll reference this article, which is specifically directed to gun owners:

link:

http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=1874

highlights:

"In that fruitful land, the state took about 50 percent of everything the people earned through numerous forms of taxation, up from about 25 percent only a generation earlier. However, this boastful people, who believed themselves to be the freest on earth, retained the right to keep and bear arms. Tens of millions of them possessed firearms just in case their government became tyrannical and enslaved them."

"Still, this mightily productive people believed themselves to live in the most capitalistic society on earth, a society dedicated to the protection of private property. And so they retained the right to keep and bear arms. Just in case their government ever sought to deprive them of their property without just compensation."

"The people could have their guns. What did the rulers care? They already possessed the complete obedience that they required.

In fact, in their more Machiavellian moments, the rulers could be heard to admit that permitting the people the right to keep and bear arms was a marvelous tool of social control, for it provided the people with the illusion of freedom."

Lighteye

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Lighteye wrote:
...SNIP

SNIP...

You failed miserably.

Personally, I have no desire for friends who grief someone else I know and are too afraid to rock the boat. I've got news for you: it's sinking quickly whether you rock it or not.

Let me help you with my location, inquisitive one: Florida.

I NEVER posted anything about my forum name being my birth name or relating to my heritage. Again, presumption failed you.

Spam? Tell you what... I'd LOVE for you to come meet BarelyIllegal and I face to face when we're up there and run your forum tough guy act. You don't have the courage, so put a sock in it. We're not even in the same state as noted above. We have come to know each other through a separate group and a common desire for restoring the republic and Constitution.

All that was requested were pointers and you have equated this cause with right wing extremism, spam, trolling, teaparty, etc.

There were a few constructive tips, but a lot more griefing than was necessary. If you won't stand up now, I see your time as running short. We advocated nothing illegal, but rather a choice to exercise our full legal rights as granted under our beloved Constitution. If you're afraid to do that, you're already defeated. Knowing that something is horrifically wrong and being too scared to act is a pretty good definition of cowardice, and quite a few of you apparently wear the color yellow quite well.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
...SNIP

I don't play games like that, we're two different people with different IP's.  I'm not the only on board with this.  There are several of us, in multiple states, including Virginia.  Out of consideration for members of this forum, I've been up front with what I'm planning and invited anyone on here to voice opposition publicly and by name.  None have done so. 

SNIP...

There is a big difference between successful protest and legal suicide. You are planning legal suicide. We have tried politely to tell you what is wrong with your plan. You choose not to listen. We have tried to tell you there are better options and what they are. You choose not to listen. Now some here are telling you firmly what is wrong with your plan. You still refuse to listen. Now I will tell you straight up and right between the eyes what is wrong with your plan.

Many of us have been on the front lines of activism for years, and frankly you are a johnny come lately newcomer without any standing in Virginia or the OC community AT ALL. Where have you been for the last 30 years while the rest of us have been fight this same stuff? If you had stood up then all of this might not have been necessary. What you are planning is just stupid, counter productive and dangerous. We see this exact kind of thing here all the time, and it always ends the same way. It is nothing more than a plan to show off by intimidating and threatening people WHERE I LIVE and it will be viewed and reported in just that light.

To people in Washington DC you will not even be a visible dot on the horizon, but you have no idea how many red flags are going to go up in Virginia by having a group of people carrying rifles within sight of one of the September 11, 2001 attack sites and along the National airport flight path. Being from Georgia you have no clue about how people here feel about this stuff, and you refuse to listen to those who do. You choose instead to call people who tried to help you understand the landscape, cowards and NIMBY's because they won't play by YOUR rules and throw away the accomplishments we have made in recent years.

Well fine. Forum rules prohibit use of the term best suited as send off so I will just say - Hasta la vista baby.

"No poor dumb son of a bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. You win wars by making the other poor dumb son of a bitch die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Where have you been for the last 30 years while the rest of us have been fight this same stuff? If you had stood up then all of this might not have been necessary.

Last 30 years? If I had stood up?

1979- born

1999- Sworeoath to uphold and defend the Constitution

2003-Trained at Dam Neck/ Oceana Naval Base.....IN VIRGINIA

2004-2007 Multiple tours in westernIraq, for which I raised my hand asking to go, and including intense urban combat in Fallujah in April '04. I openly carried both rifle and pistol, and used the rifle both offensively AND defensively.

I did3 six monthtours and injured my back in the process.I probably could have gotten away with 1 or 2.

I hope I have answered your questions.

ODA 226

imported post

Lighteye wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Lighteye wrote:
...SNIP

SNIP...

You failed miserably.

Personally, I have no desire for friends who grief someone else I know and are too afraid to rock the boat. I've got news for you: it's sinking quickly whether you rock it or not.

Let me help you with my location, inquisitive one: Florida.

I NEVER posted anything about my forum name being my birth name or relating to my heritage. Again, presumption failed you.

Spam? Tell you what... I'd LOVE for you to come meet BarelyIllegal and I face to face when we're up there and run your forum tough guy act. You don't have the courage, so put a sock in it. We're not even in the same state as noted above. We have come to know each other through a separate group and a common desire for restoring the republic and Constitution.

All that was requested were pointers and you have equated this cause with right wing extremism, spam, trolling, teaparty, etc.

There were a few constructive tips, but a lot more griefing than was necessary. If you won't stand up now, I see your time as running short. We advocated nothing illegal, but rather a choice to exercise our full legal rights as granted under our beloved Constitution. If you're afraid to do that, you're already defeated. Knowing that something is horrifically wrong and being too scared to act is a pretty good definition of cowardice, and quite a few of you apparently wear the color yellow quite well.
Are you talking to me or Hawkflyer here? EDIT: Nevermind. It doesn't matter anyway...

Dreamer

imported post

It is my opinion, after watching this thread for some time, that the people engaged in this thread should hop over to the "News" section of this forum and review THIS thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/31065.html

I call "shenanigans" on BarelyIllegal.

I wonder how much he's getting paid by the FBI (or John Soros, or Sara Brady, or whoever the "funder-du-jour for this sort of thing is) to set up his little "protest"?...

There is no such thing as large-scale grass roots. There is BIG money behind all the large-scale "protests" that occur in the US and abroad--has been for years. Large scale movements are simply not allowed to exist unless they have the official stamp and sanction of the ruling elite. The more radical a counterculture group is, the more likely they are to be a shill group set up and funded by the very people they are shouting most loudly against...

If anyone thinks that they can REALLY influence the "system" by mustering a mess of people in some park, they are 100% delusional. The only thing that talks in our current system is money. Unless you have an 8+ figure net worth, your opinions don't mean squat in the larger scheme of things.

This plan has been nearly a century in the making, and they are not going to stop or even slow down for a sad little group of "citizens" shouting chants and carrying posters on the Mall. Research the history--the same people who funded both sides of EVERY large war in the West for the last 200 years are the ones really calling the shots. Look into who made a financial killing from the Napoleonic wars. Look into who funded BOTH the rise of the National Socialists and the Allies in WWII. Look into who funded the Bolshevic Revolution. Look into who has been laundering the money for the Taliban, and the Bin Laden family, and the folks in Medellin. Look into who was behind the manipulations of the Markets that caused BOTH the crashes of the US stock market in 1929 and 2009. Look into who is funding the flight of American manufacturers to the third world.

Follow the money, and you'll know who the REAL enemies of Freedom are.

It's not Congress, or the EU--they are just pseudo-political mercenaries, working for the highest bidders.

It's not the President--that position is just a paid-in-full front man, and has been for nearly 60 years.

It's not even the UN--they are just the "thugs" carrying out the agenda for their moneyed masters.

Follow the money.

And when you FIND the money, THAT is the place you should be protesting. If there were armed protests of thousands of people showing up at the gates of the estates of these super-rich One-World-Government, Fabian Socialist, Eugenicist, Machiavellian F*#%s, then, and only maybe then would they even consider listening to anything you might say.

Or they might consider calling out their mercs and just dealing with you like they have historically dealt with people who throw the Truth in their fascist faces for the last 100 years. And that solution usually involves digging a VERY big trench, and a LOT of lime...

I'm all for political Activism, but I'm not so delusional to believe that anything I say or do will actually change the Greater Plan, which is to return the Western World to a structure of tightly-controlled Serfdom. All I can hope to do is open the eyes of a few of my fellow travellers, and maybe delay the implementation of this evil plan until after I am gone.

The least we, the "little people" can do is be prepared for when the hammer falls (which it will, inevitably). Train, stock up, and educate yourself so when the SHTF, at least you will understand what happened, unlike 99% of the sheeple in this country who don't even know who evil S^!#$ like Cecil Rhodes and his cronies were and what they were responsible for setting into motion at the beginning of the 20th century...

Go read some of the writings of Carroll Quigley. Then come back and tell us how much impact you think your little "tea party" will have...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote:
Last 30 years? If I had stood up?

1979- born

1999- Sworeoath to uphold and defend the Constitution

2003-Trained at Dam Neck/ Oceana Naval Base.....IN VIRGINIA

2004-2007 Multiple tours in westernIraq, for which I raised my hand asking to go, and including intense urban combat in Fallujah in April '04. I openly carried both rifle and pistol, and used the rifle both offensively AND defensively.

I did3 six monthtours and injured my back in the process.I probably could have gotten away with 1 or 2.

I hope I have answered your questions.
None of the above qualifies you to speak and act for me. You project neither my thoughts, methods nor attitudes. We have worked hard and long in Virginia to make the progress that we have made to date and are continuing the struggle in the manner which has been demonstrated to work for us.

We have listened to your arguments, reasons and even insults and find them lacking. Most here reject them as counter-productive - none have publicly supported you. Having requested our participation and alliance, you have received your answer quite clearly, I think.

While what you ultimately do is up to you, it will remain for those of us who live here to clean up the droppings from your field of dreams - that we resent as much as anything else.

We will continue to make the progress that has earned Virginia her rightful place amongst the leaders of the fight to regain our freedoms not because of you, but in spite of you.

You may be seated.

Yata hey

bohdi

imported post

BARELY ILLEGAL wrote: I have spelled out what I (and a growing number of likeminded constitutionalists)hope to accomplish, why we're doing this and solicited the opinions of those willing to identify themselves and where they satnd.
Dude no you haven't. In this thread you have not stated that at all, nor has your brother Lighteye for all the pomp and circumstance. What you have done is refused to answer the simplest of questions - What do you hope to accomplish by this and how will you know? Since you haven't thought your plan through that much, let me help.

I Daniel Almond, will consider my plan to host a demonstration within the boundries of Virgina to show the politicians in DC that they better start paying attention to the US Constitution and that of all 50 states, to the letter. To that end I will consider this demonstration a "success" after the following have been accomplished:

1. Non-partisan participation by 100 like minded citizens

2. No one gets arrested

3. Everyone shows up on time

4. No one bails on my rally to attend the bigger ones in DC, because the equivelent of "Burning Man" is going to be going on the same day next door....

5. I get one blurb in the Fairfax times - at least three sentances explaining how some out of state gun nut paraded around gravelly point

6. All of the elected officials in Congress fall on their knees and change their ways - even though I have not contacted them and have no method of verifying they have done so after this demonstration

Feel free to edit to show what your goals are Daniel. I think I'm giving you too much credit on point number 5.

Edited to correct a word and update that I have received a list via pm, but nothing to the degree posted above.

BARELY ILLEGAL

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
It is my opinion, after watching this thread for some time, that the people engaged in this thread should hop over to the "News" section of this forum and review THIS thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/31065.html

I call "shenanigans" on BarelyIllegal.

I wonder how much he's getting paid by the FBI (or John Soros, or Sara Brady, or whoever the "funder-du-jour for this sort of thing is) to set up his little "protest"?...

There is no such thing as large-scale grass roots. There is BIG money behind all the large-scale "protests" that occur in the US and abroad--has been for years. Large scale movements are simply not allowed to exist unless they have the official stamp and sanction of the ruling elite. The more radical a counterculture group is, the more likely they are to be a shill group set up and funded by the very people they are shouting most loudly against...

If anyone thinks that they can REALLY influence the "system" by mustering a mess of people in some park, they are 100% delusional. The only thing that talks in our current system is money. Unless you have an 8+ figure net worth, your opinions don't mean squat in the larger scheme of things.

This plan has been nearly a century in the making, and they are not going to stop or even slow down for a sad little group of "citizens" shouting chants and carrying posters on the Mall. Research the history--the same people who funded both sides of EVERY large war in the West for the last 200 years are the ones really calling the shots. Look into who made a financial killing from the Napoleonic wars. Look into who funded BOTH the rise of the National Socialists and the Allies in WWII. Look into who funded the Bolshevic Revolution. Look into who has been laundering the money for the Taliban, and the Bin Laden family, and the folks in Medellin. Look into who was behind the manipulations of the Markets that caused BOTH the crashes of the US stock market in 1929 and 2009. Look into who is funding the flight of American manufacturers to the third world.

Follow the money, and you'll know who the REAL enemies of Freedom are.

It's not Congress, or the EU--they are just pseudo-political mercenaries, working for the highest bidders.

It's not the President--that position is just a paid-in-full front man, and has been for nearly 60 years.

It's not even the UN--they are just the "thugs" carrying out the agenda for their moneyed masters.

Follow the money.

And when you FIND the money, THAT is the place you should be protesting. If there were armed protests of thousands of people showing up at the gates of the estates of these super-rich One-World-Government, Fabian Socialist, Eugenicist, Machiavellian F*#%s, then, and only maybe then would they even consider listening to anything you might say.

Or they might consider calling out their mercs and just dealing with you like they have historically dealt with people who throw the Truth in their fascist faces for the last 100 years. And that solution usually involves digging a VERY big trench, and a LOT of lime...

I'm all for political Activism, but I'm not so delusional to believe that anything I say or do will actually change the Greater Plan, which is to return the Western World to a structure of tightly-controlled Serfdom. All I can hope to do is open the eyes of a few of my fellow travellers, and maybe delay the implementation of this evil plan until after I am gone.

The least we, the "little people" can do is be prepared for when the hammer falls (which it will, inevitably). Train, stock up, and educate yourself so when the SHTF, at least you will understand what happened, unlike 99% of the sheeple in this country who don't even know who evil S^!#$ like Cecil Rhodes and his cronies were and what they were responsible for setting into motion at the beginning of the 20th century...

Go read some of the writings of Carroll Quigley. Then come back and tell us how much impact you think your little "tea party" will have...

So I floated the idea, in parallel form, in the general discussion section. I'm interested in what other open carriers, not neccessarily in VA, think. Somehow that means "shenanegans?"

So I've been accused of posting as two different usernames (false), and now I'm being accused of working undercover for the FBI, or "John Soros" ( I think you mean "George Soros," but no matter).

I just wonder if the posters who make these insulting and rediculous accusations will retract them when they're shown to be wrong. Or will they continue to post under the guise of some credibility. Will the "good ol boys" of this forum actually call out their fellow members for making false accusations?

Anyone here want to disagree with the whole "troll," "fed" or "Soros-backed" accusation and point out the false accusations for what they are. Or is this just a "good 'ol boys club" where senoir members can insult and falsly accuse a "newbie" without having to back it up?