• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Law enforcement Protection Act

Should Security Officers be protected by this Act?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• Total voters

Bustelo5%

imported post

There needs to be reform or some sort of ammendment to this Act.
LEOs have has this protection to stand behind so if ur chasing a bad guy across state lines or you can carry in all 50 states as a Leo Whose Job is to protect people Same as mine.
I can see now that I have been working in armed security that this act should protect us also. Every state has their own requirements but all states are pretty much the same.
I am afraid if I travel from Akron to Clev that I may get busted and that is silly.

I really do not like national federalized Leo or Security officers but say you wanted to apply for a job in another state say Chicago you could end up with a felony 2 hours into your trip.
If I am required to get a Homeland Security Guard Card from the state with the same backgrounds checks as LEOs I should be able to protect myself no matter what City Town State or Territory I am in period.I propose that Security Officers get lumped into this Act so we dont have any Sec Ofcs getting arrsted for carrying in CPZ and improper transport..;
Bustelo

virginiatuck

imported post

Background checks are not a valid argument for you; I have had more extensive background checks, and more of them, than many law enforcement officers... and I work on computer networks.

Everyone should be protected; not just certain special groups.

Armond Reese

Banned
imported post

Police are citizens. Not all citizens have the same protections due to this. Therefore, it is a discriminatory act, and should be extended to all or removed.

NightOwl

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
There needs to be reform or some sort of ammendment to this Act.
LEOs have has this protection to stand behind so if ur chasing a bad guy across state lines or you can carry in all 50 states as a Leo Whose Job is to protect people Same as mine.
I can see now that I have been working in armed security that this act should protect us also. Every state has their own requirements but all states are pretty much the same.
I am afraid if I travel from Akron to Clev that I may get busted and that is silly.

I really do not like national federalized Leo or Security officers but say you wanted to apply for a job in another state say Chicago you could end up with a felony 2 hours into your trip.
If I am required to get a Homeland Security Guard Card from the state with the same backgrounds checks as LEOs I should be able to protect myself no matter what City Town State or Territory I am in period.I propose that Security Officers get lumped into this Act so we dont have any Sec Ofcs getting arrsted for carrying in CPZ and improper transport..;
Bustelo
Section 1: If you're a security guard, you shouldn't be chasing people off of the private property anyway. Write it in your report, call the police and report it to them, get off work and have a nice day, job well done.

Section 2: Traveling gets you a felony how? I've traveled to a fair number of states, and have yet to be arrested for traveling. I believe I'm part of a large group of people who travel and haven't been arrested, as well.

Section 3: You seem to be confusing state and federal. Not all states require security guards to get a "Homeland Security Guard Card". I'm not really sure howa state cardties in to the federal law enforcement protection act, anyway.

In closing, I'd like to ask...what were you trying to say, anyway? You want to reform a federal law because security guards chase people off of private property and across state lines with guns drawn while waving around a state issued laminate card? I'm having a difficult time supporting that idea.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

popcorn.gif

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to assume that Bustelo5% does not have a state issued CC permit (or what ever Ohio calls theirs), otherwise he shouldn't need to worry about traveling about armed and getting arrested.........well... except for going to Illinois.

I'm neither an LEO or a SO, and never have been. I do have a TN HCP that is good in quite a few states. I don't worry about being arrested.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
Bustelo
If my Security Clearance when I was active duty USMC and my current FBI/TSA background check for Haz Mat and my current Dept of Homeland Security clearance for US Coast Guard are not enough to carry concealed wherever I travel are not recognized as enough, I doubt that your "Guard Card" carries much clout...;)

Everyone should have the right to protect themselves, not just privileged groups. This is definitely discriminatory. Some should not be more equal than others.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Great arguments guys I can see there is some consensus. Yes it is discriminatory and it makes me mad.
I guess the point I am making is that us "Regular Citizens" "sarcastic btw" should have the freedom to carry everywhere.
Seeing this is my job to protect people as is every citizen/nationals of this country I feel there needs to be change in the way this country views and makes law towards Security.
Well I just applied for my CCW which I did not want to do but had to so I can drive while armed in this silly state.
Idk how other states treat Armed Security or if the HLS certifies them but in the states that go to the extreme of making you get a ton of background checks you should be able to carry in all 50 states and territories.

Hey thanks for serving as a Coastie hopefully I will be joining in a couple of months,I see the Coast Guard as the best LEO job in all of America.
Thanks for your service.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I had a lot of fun in the CG. Sept, 1983 to Sept, 2005. Did a lot of LE and some anti-terrorism stuff. Was always interesting. Not many folks know anything about the USCG and what they think they know is usually wrong. Good luck in the CG. Just remember to keep your ears open, mouth shut and be as invisible as possible in boot camp. You may even learn something ;).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. If I don't know the answer, I'll either find out or point you in the right direction to find it.

Semper Paratus!

Mike