Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Public Hearing on Microstamping, December 1, 2009

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

I know not everyone here is a fan of the NRA but they can be a good source of information. Here is something they sent to me today.

[size=Wisconsin][/size][size=: “Micro-stamping” and “Lost or Stolen” Legislation To Be Heard in Committee next Week!
    ][/size]
    Please Contact the Committee Members![size=
    On Tuesday, December 1 at 11:00 A.M., the Wisconsin State Senate Judiciary Committee will consider two anti-gun bills, Senate Bill 174 and Senate Bill 367. ][/size]Bothof these billswould infringe on rights of law-abiding gun owners and have no impact on crime.Sen.Taylor@legis.wisconsin.gov

Vice-Chair Senator Jim Sullivan (D-5)
    (608) 266-2512
    Sen.Sullivan@legis.wisconsin.gov
    Senator Jon Erpenbach (D-27)
    (608) 266-6670
    Sen.Erpenbach@legis.wisconsin.gov

The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair. Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

SB 174 would require micro-stamping technology on all newly manufactured handguns sold in Wisconsin. If passed,the bill would requirenewly sold handguns tomicro-stampa uniquecodeontothe cartridge case upon firing.This unproven technology will increase the cost of firearms, potentially putting them out of reach to some consumers.However, since no manufacturer currently sell a firearm capable of micro-stamping a cartridge case, it will effectively ban new handguns in Wisconsin.In addition, criminalscould easily remove the microscopic codesfrom the firearm usingusingany number of commonly-ownedhousehold tools.This dangerous legislation needs to bedefeated.

SB 367 would require gun-owners to report lost or stolen firearms within a 48-hour period or face fines and possible imprisonment.If passed, this legislation could turn law-abiding gun owners--who have already been victimized by theft--into criminals for failing to report the loss of theftof a firearm within the require timeframe.

For some reason it wouldn't copy into one post.
    The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair. Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

Just contacted them all.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

I just got this ............

Thank you for your email,

These bills are NOT up for a vote on Tuesday. There is a public hearing scheduled on the bills that day but no vote. Senator Erpenbach does not chair the committee so he had no say in what was scheduled for hearing that day. Additionally he has some true concerns about micro-stamping technology. The other bill could also use a bit of work to address some concerns. Please keep in touch.
    Julie Laundrie

Office of Senator Jon Erpenbach

608-266-6670

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

The committee:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/w3asp/c...p;HOUSE=Senate

Taylor schedules these two P of C, but buries a bill enhancing the right to self defense. Decker, as leader of the Dems, better have a little discussion with Ms. Taylor and let her know that her marching orders don't come from Barrett and Flynn.

Decker can remove her from her committee chair position - she should have never been given it in the first place.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Will any OCDO members be able to attend the hearing? Will any be speaking against these bills?

Banned

Post imported post

I have to work and will not be able to attend. What would the ybe willing to trade for this micro stamping bill? A no compromise, non permitted system?

Post imported post

Pretty short notice. Seems like someones trying to sneak something past
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

I expect to attend this hearing. I can use many of Lamie's (and others) talking points from the micro-stamping thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/34518.html.

I welcome any/all talking points regarding both bills.

Post imported post

I'm still a bit naive about how WI gov't works, but who isn't? What do these three senators in particular have to do with the proposed bills? Are they the authors?

Is the judiciary committee's goal to determine if these bills should make it to the rest of the Senate?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

There willbe a web cast of the hearing:

http://wisconsineye.org/
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

Thanks for the link Doug. It looks like i have alot of reading ahead of me.

Geoff

Banned

Post imported post

Flipper wrote: Listed in the Blue Book.

Post imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
    SB 367 would require gun-owners to report lost or stolen firearms within a 48-hour period or face fines and possible imprisonment.If passed, this legislation could turn law-abiding gun owners--who have already been victimized by theft--into criminals for failing to report the loss of theftof a firearm within the require timeframe.

SB 367 was removed on Monday, one day before the hearing. Flynn, MAiGand Jeri B, the head WAVE goul,must not have gotten their lie lines fully rehearsed

Post imported post

Well the discussion of SB174 (firearm micro-stamping) just ended. It sounds like (once again) the Milwaukee Representatives never did any homework on the issue. It also sounds to me that now that this board has heard some information on micro-stamping, this bill will die. It was a joke, and Cali. is going to have real problems starting Jan. 1st (Cali. passed this into law). One person that represents firearm manufacturers told the board that not one manufacturer in America produces any firearm with this micro-stamping, so in effect, there will not be one handgun that will be able to be sold in the state of Cali. after Jan 1st. Heck of a thought Eh?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    One person that represents firearm manufacturers told the board that not one manufacturer in America produces any firearm with this micro-stamping, so in effect, there will not be one handgun that will be able to be sold in the state of Cali. after Jan 1st. Heck of a thought Eh?
    Wouldn't this successfully wipe out the 2A rights of any Cali resident? Seems ripe for a lawsuit on constitutional grounds that would be very winnable.

Now how about if one manufacturer complies and does this micro-engraving, could this then be chalanged as being a monopoly and be looked at as an anti-trust case like what microsoft had endured?

Post imported post

I was there and spoke almost last. I pointed out that the "micro stamping" they talked about today is NOT what California is talking about and would not be legal with the passage of this bill.

The bill found here: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/SB-174.pdfstates among other things:
    (e) "Microstamp" means a unique code on at least 2 locations on each expended cartridge case that identifies the make, model, and serial number of the handgun that expended the cartridge.
    The microstamp everybody was talking about was on the firing pin which would leave the mark on the primer, not the case. So the technology for putting two micro stamps on the actual casing doesn't even exist.

I hope this dies as well, but we need to continue to be ever vigilant.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    I was there and spoke almost last. I pointed out that the "micro stamping" they talked about today is NOT what California is talking about and would not be legal with the passage of this bill.

The bill found here: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2009/data/SB-174.pdfstates among other things:
    (e) "Microstamp" means a unique code on at least 2 locations on each expended cartridge case that identifies the make, model, and serial number of the handgun that expended the cartridge.
    The microstamp everybody was talking about was on the firing pin which would leave the mark on the primer, not the case. So the technology for putting two micro stamps on the actual casing doesn't even exist.

I hope this dies as well, but we need to continue to be ever vigilant.
    Ahh, so that was you. Now even I know what you look like. Well you did a good job. It sounded like your point was heard, and understood.

Thanks.

Post imported post

I was the guy in the purple shirt and grey tie. If memory serves, I spoke right after the WI-Force guy.

Post imported post

I'm glad a few of you were able to make it out there, and that things at least seem to be going the right way.

geoff

Banned

Post imported post

Well Done BNH!

Banned

Post imported post

Up jump de debbils <<--solecism

http://www.wrn.com/2009/12/handgun-m...-gets-hearing/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

This bill should die a quick and painless death. Not only does the technology not exist in reality, won't work or could be easily defeated if it did, but would add no useful tool to the crime fighters...........unless they are playing on CSI. :?

I read somewhere that the fired cases data provided by manufacturers has solved no crimes, not one. Anybody have a link?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    I read somewhere that the fired cases data provided by manufacturers has solved no crimes, not one. Anybody have a link?,

Yata hey
    Try here. The New York and Maryland databases discussed at the hearing is on page 5.

Note that Maryland charges $20 per gun to fund their system.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/bg160

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast