• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and I made someone mad

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Glad I upgraded because while in the system, I found a couple of files that had been deleted . Thank goodness for complete backups.

TFred

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
TFred wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
peter nap wrote:
It was my daughters name but isn't now:lol:
Ah, that's why my passwords are long strings of gobbledygook and all of them are different. Of course I have to keep a file listing them, but it's hidden on the drive with some innocent name and is password protected too. The only problem with that is that it shows up in my most recent documents list after I've used it. Not sure I can turn that off or not.
I don't use this (yet), but I've heard nothing but good about it. You just have to remember one password with this... :)

http://keepass.info/

TFred
Homeland Security runs that site don't they :^).
Your point is not a trivial one at all... The beauty of open source software is that you can look at it, and recompile it yourself, and be sure you know what it does.... all the best crypto software is open source for that very reason! :)

TFred

curtiswr

imported post

Only reaffirms my belief that they are truly incapable of logical discussion rather than elementary tactics (if you can even call them tactics).

But it kinda puts a smile on my face that they were so pissy. :lol: