• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm writing a letter to SCOTUS.

rodbender

imported post

I'm going to write a letter to Chief Justice John Roberts about adding a ruling that"bearing" armsis Constitutional. I will not post it here as I think all such letters should be unique in it's own right. He normally keeps his ruling pretty close to what was asked for and nothing else. In this case he will probably keep it in context of citizen's right to keep firearms in the home again. Let's try to persuade him to go a little further this time.

I think we should keep them formal and definitely keep it polite.

5,000 letters maygo a long way.

Edit: This of course will be in reference to McDonaldv Chicago

Chief Justice John G. Roberts
Supreme Court of the United States
One First Street N.E.
Washington, DC 20543